"[Insert maniacal laughter here]"
— Yami Bakura
, almost any episode he's in.
"I need a monster to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!"
Ted Lewis, also currently credited as Ed Paul, is one of NY's most well-known voice actors. His resumé stretches far across the spectrum; from the heroic kid to the Big Bad
to the comic relief, he's been around the block at least once in terms of roles.
It could also be said he is is a man of a considerable amount of accents, particularly utilized whenever 4Kids Entertainment
is involved; such dialects include British, hillbilly, Australian, and the ever-popular American. In his more serious vocal work, he pretty much plays it straight.
Notable roles from Ted Lewis:
- Bakura (all three of them), Bandit Keith, and Alister in Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Chumley Huffington in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (except when he briefly returned from his new job as an official card designer to support Jaden in his duel with Frantz, where he was voiced by Tom Wayland)
- And now Jack Atlas in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds, bringing his dialectic interpretations to a new generation. (In Australia!)
- Ferdagio/Oyajide in Ojamajo Doremi
- Gandar, Belenus, Suo, Loki and Gabriel Celeste in Valkyrie Profile
- Giovanni, Tracey Sketchit, the go-to battle announcer, and the original James in Pokémon
- Also voiced a few actual Pokémon such as the ghost trio: Gastly, Haunter and Gengar. And Nincada.
- Isamu Amami in GaoGaiGar
- Kevin Mask, Doc Nakano and Terry Man in Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy
- King Dedede and Escargoon in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
- Plus that ram channeling Yami Bakura in the sheep rebellion episode.
- Mitsuru Tsuwabuki in Revolutionary Girl Utena
- Shūzo "Shu" Matsutani in Now and Then, Here and There
- The Ultimate Ninja in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles