Creator: Sumi Shimamoto
You want to describe me? How about I serve some tea to you after you do that, Troper-chan? ^_^Sumi Shimamoto (1954– ), is a prolific veteran Japanese voice actress who has been active since the late 1970's. She's probably best known for her multiple collaborations with Hayao Miyazaki, who cast her as the heroine in several of his early projects.† She happens to be the voice acting originator of the Yamato Nadeshiko archetype (later perfected by Kikuko Inoue), but also played a few action girls back in the day. Since the 80's, she has most often been cast as mothers to main characters.She is currently married to a member of a comedy troupe called Chibikko Gang. She apparently loves playing RPG games (and not just the ones she's in) despite now being over 60.
- Anek in Porphy no Nagai Tabi
- Kyoko Otonashi in Maison Ikkoku
- Yukiko Kudo in Detective Conan
- Princess Nausicaa in Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
- Toki in Princess Mononoke
- Shokupan-man in Soreike Anpanman
- Cosmos in Dissidia: Final Fantasy
- Miyako Shiba in Bleach
- Asuka Mizunokuji in Urusei Yatsura
- Kanata Izumi in Lucky Star
- Princess Ixquic in the Cyborg 009 2001 series.
- Clarisse in The Castle of Cagliostro.
- Tae Sekihara in Rurouni Kenshin
- Sarah Crewe in Princess Sarah
- GinRei in Giant Robo
- Kasumi Sumadera in Umineko: When They Cry (PS3 game only; in the anime she is voiced by Atsuko Tanaka)
- Princess Romina in Ninja Senshi Tobikage
- Moeran in Fractale
- Princess Leia in the Japanese dub of the original Star Wars trilogy
- Isis (Ishizu) Ishtar in Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Pulls triple duty as the Gofer sisters, Irene, and Operetta in Otomedius
- Dorothy in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
- Lady Vishnu in Legend of Heavenly Sphere Shurato
- The title character of the Valis games
- Rei "Hana no Saint-Juste" Asaka from Oniisama e....