Creator: Studio Trigger
Founded in 2011, Studio Trigger is a studio founded by Ex-Gainax staff members that were behind Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt and Ex-Studio 4°C staff members that were stationed between Telecom, Gainax and Kyo Ani at the time of its founding; Trigger is a studio that is getting a lot of praise in the animation industry because of its production methods.Their second in-house anime production, Kill la Kill, was announced in the June 2013 issue of Newtype Magazine, with Gurren Lagann's director and lead character designer on board.
Works produced by Trigger:
- Inferno Cop: First (major) production.
- Little Witch Academia: Part of Anime Mirai 2013, replacing Telecom Animation Film'snote slot for the year. Also provided In-Between Animation and Production Cooperation for 2014 entries Harmonienote and Kuro no Su - Chronusnote .
- Kill la Kill: First television production and their Breakthrough Hit.
- Ninja Slayer: Based on the books by Honda Yu and Sugi Leika
- When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace: Based on the light novel of the same name.
- Shorts for the Japan Anima(tor)'s Exhibition:
- Denkou Choujin Gridman: boys invent great hero: An animated short based on the 90s live-action series.
- SEX and VIOLENCE with MACHSPEED, directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi.
- Bureau of Proto Society
Other works done by Trigger:
- Black Dynamite: 2nd Season Opening
- Black★Rock Shooter: Animation Production Cooperation.
- The Devil Is a Part-Timer!: Key Animation.
- The iDOLM@STER: Animation Production Cooperation.
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: 2nd Key Animation for the 2012 series; In-Between Animation for Stardust Crusaders.
- Magi – Labyrinth of Magic: Production Assistance.
- Power Plant No. 33: Yet another animated short for the Japan Anima(tor)'s Exhibition. Trigger did the animation.
- Project X Zone: Opening, first thing done by Trigger.
- Rinne no Lagrange: Kamogawa Days: Key Animation.
- Sword Art Online: Animation Production Cooperation.
- Tokyo Ravens: In-Between Animation.
Tropes associated with Studio Trigger:
- Animation Bump: Kill la Kill has several higher quality moments in spite of its many Off Model and Limited Animation moments.
- Ascended Fanboy: Given that the series is founded by ex-Gainax members, this is to be expected.
- Fanservice: Kill la Kill is this to a T.
- Limited Animation: All of their series exhibit this, with Ninja Slayer and Inferno Cop being the most blatant cases.
- Off Model: All of their series suffer from this.