Creator: Studio Trigger
Founded in 2011, Studio Trigger is a studio founded by Ex-Gainax staff members that were behind Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt and Ex-Studio 4°C staff members that were stationed between Telecom, Gainax and Kyo Ani at the time of its founding; Trigger is a studio that is getting a lot of praise in the animation industry because of its production methods.Their second in-house anime production, Kill la Kill, was announced in the June 2013 issue of Newtype Magazine, with Gurren Lagann's director and lead character designer on board. Their next original project, Kiznaiver, was announced in October 2015 and is scheduled for release in 2016.
Works produced by Trigger:
- Battlesaurs: A minute long short (done up as an intro) based on the same characters featured in Toy Story That Time Forgot.note
- Inferno Cop: First (major) production.
- Little Witch Academia: Part of Anime Mirai 2013, replacing Telecom Animation Film'snote slot for the year. Also provided In-Between Animation and Production Cooperation for 2014 entries Harmonienote and Kuro no Su - Chronusnote .
- Kill la Kill: First television production and their Breakthrough Hit.
- Ninja Slayer: Based on the books by Honda Yu and Sugi Leika
- When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace: Based on the light novel of the same name.
- Shorts for the Japan Anima(tor)'s Exhibition:
- Denkou Choujin Gridman: boys invent great hero: An animated short based on the 90s live-action series.
- SEX and VIOLENCE with MACHSPEED, directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi.
- Bureau of Proto Society
Other works done by Trigger:
- Black Dynamite: 2nd Season Opening
- Black★Rock Shooter: Animation Production Cooperation.
- The Devil Is a Part-Timer!: Key Animation.
- The Idolmaster: Animation Production Cooperation.
- Jo Jos Bizarre Adventure: 2nd Key Animation for the 2012 series; In-Between Animation for Stardust Crusaders.
- Magi – Labyrinth of Magic: Production Assistance.
- Power Plant No. 33: Yet another animated short for the Japan Anima(tor)'s Exhibition. Trigger did the animation.
- Project X Zone: Opening, first thing done by Trigger.
- Rinne no Lagrange: Kamogawa Days: Key Animation.
- Sword Art Online: Animation Production Cooperation.
- Tokyo Ravens: In-Between Animation.
Tropes associated with Studio Trigger:
- Animation Bump: Kill la Kill has several higher quality moments in spite of its many Off Model and Limited Animation moments.
- Fanservice: Kill la Kill is this to a T.
- Limited Animation: All of their series exhibit this, with Ninja Slayer and Inferno Cop being the most blatant cases.
- Off Model: All of their series feature this.
- Promoted Fanboy: Given that the series is founded by ex-Gainax members, this is to be expected.