Mary Elizabeth Spacek (born December 25, 1949), known professionally as Sissy Spacek, is an American actress, best known for her roles as the titular Carrie and Loretta Lynn in Coal Miner's Daughter. She is married to production designer and art director Jack Fisk since 1974 and they have two daughters, Schuyler Fisk (born in 1982) and Madison Fisk (born in 1988).
She appeared in
- The Waltons (1972-81)
- Badlands (1973)
- Carrie (1976)
- 3 Women (1977)
- Missing (1982)
- The Man with Two Brains (1983)
- JFK (1991)
- Blast from the Past (1999)
- The Straight Story (1999)
- Tuck Everlasting (2002)
- The Ring 2 (2005)
- An American Haunting (2006)
- Gray Matters (2006)
- Big Love (2006-11)
- The Help (2011)
- Bloodline (2015- )
- American Accents: Her Texan accent used to be quite thick.
- Romance on the Set: Met her husband at the set of Badlands.
- Star-Making Role: Although her role as Loretta Lynn in Coal Miner's Daughter is what gave her her first Golden Globe Award, she solidified her legacy as the original Carrie.
- Those Two Actors: She frequently worked with Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland or Robert Duvall in the past.
- What Could Have Been: Apparently, she's supposed to be Princess Leia in Star Wars, while Carrie Fisher was supposed to be Carrie. However, they were swapped after Fisher allegedly expressed being uncomfortable doing nude scenes.
- Youthful Freckles: After her eyes, this is perhaps her next distinguishable feature.