Sibel Kekilli (born June 16, 1980) is a German actress of Turkish heritage. She began acting in pornographic movies, but her first general film role was as the star of Fatih Akin's acclaimed 2004 movie Gegen die Wand (released under the title Head-On in English-speaking countries). In 2006, she was in both the Turkish coup film Eve Dönüş as an official's wife and the Holocaust film Der letzte Zug as a Jewish woman on her way to a concentration camp. She won the Best Actress Lola for her role in the 2009 film Die Fremde.Sibel Kekilli gained international attention in 2011 when she began playing Shae, Tyrion Lannister's Camp Follower-turned-mistress, in Game of Thrones. She also has become a regular on German crime series Tatort playing investigator Sarah Brandt, which is her first role as someone who is not somehow different.
- Gegen die Wand (Head-On) (2004) as Sibel
- Kebab Connection (2004) as the Italian girl
- Winterreise (2006) as Leyla
- Fay Grim (2006) as the concierge
- Der letzte Zug (The Last Train) (2006) as Ruth Zilbermann
- Eve Dönüş (2006)
- Pihalla (2009)
- Die Fremde (When We Leave) (2009) as Umay
- The Inspector and the Sea (2010) as Ivonne Baumann
- Mordkommission Istanbul (2010) as Fatma Benli
- Tatort (2010-current) as Sarah Brandt
- What a Man (2011) as Nele
- Game of Thrones (2011-2014) as Shae
- The Danza: As Sibel in Head-On.
- Non-Specifically Foreign: As Shae (aided by the fact that while she looks distinctly South European, she nevertheless speaks with her native German accent).
- Old Shame: She was quite upset when the German press began to report on her pornographic past around the time she started winning acting accolades, equating it to a "smear campaign".
- Typecasting: As foreigners, usually Turks.
- You Look Familiar: She had a guest appearance on Tatort before becoming a regular.