Creator: Shiny Entertainment
Shiny Entertainment was a Video Game company founded by David Perry, formerly of Virgin Interactive (who made the Sega Genesis/Megadrive Aladdin game), in 1993. Their most well-known game is Earthworm Jim. They were first purchased by Interplay Entertainment, then, in 2002, they were bought by Infogrames (later renamed Atari after its inquisition of the Atari brand), and they and they continued until 2007, when they were bought by Foundation 9 and merged with a company called The Collective to form Double Helix Games.
Games created by Shiny Entertainment
- Earthworm Jim (1994)
- Earthworm Jim 2 (1995)
- MDK (1997)
- Wild 9 (1998)
- R/C Stunt Copter (1999)
- Messiah (2000)
- Sacrifice (2000)
- Enter the Matrix (2003)
- The Matrix: Path of Neo (2005)
- The Golden Compass (2007)
Tropes associated with this company and their work.
- Drop the Cow: Started with Earthworm Jim. As a Shout-Out, there would be cows dropped in some parts of MDK and Sacrifice.
- Excuse Plot: Some of their older games, including Earthworm Jim, MDK, and Wild 9
- Licensed Game: Their later titles.
- Obvious Beta: Enter the Matrix and The Golden Compass can be said to be this.
- Widget Series: Some of their older work are this to some degree, but Earthworm Jim stands out.