Shia Saide LaBeouf is an American actor, born in Los Angeles
, California on June 11, 1986. LaBeouf got his start on the Disney Channel
sitcom Even Stevens
before starring in the Disney movie Holes
and becoming a cinema actor. He's become a somewhat polarizing figure due to his rapid career incline being part of the older than him
franchises in Transformers
and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
, but his more dramatic films have won him praise for his acting ability.
LaBeouf is a fan of rapper Cage
, and developed a friendship with the rapper as a result of wanting to portray him in a film biography; although the film has yet to be produced, LaBeouf has directed two things featuring Cage, including a music video for Cage's single "I Never Knew You", and the short film Maniac
, featuring Cage and Kid Cudi as a pair of serial killers (it's loosely based on a song Kid Cudi did with Cage, off of Cudi's album Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager
). In addition to this, he is friends with Marilyn Manson
and was the co-writer and director of his Born Villain trailer
(which is actually set to Overneath The Path of Misery), which perhaps redefines Mind Screw
He is a frequent user of the Rapid-Fire "No!"
. Also known for being a cannibal
His works include:
Tropes associated with Shia LaBeouf:
- Cloud Cuckoolander: After the plagiarism controversy, he seems to have morphed into this. See the "I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE" bag from the Nymphomaniac premiere and his "art" exhibition #IAMSORRY.
- I Am A Humanitarian: According to Rob Cantor's song here, Shia's normal evenings consist of hunting people down, killing and eating them. Occasionally he engages in epic jujitsu fights with them, too.
- Madness Mantra: "I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE" - he wore the statement to the premiere of Nymphomaniac, and he posted it twenty-two times in a row on his Twitter, exactly at noon each day for twenty-two days.
- Meaningful Name/Punny Name: His first name Shia is Hebrew for "Gift from god" and his last name LaBeouf is French for "The Beef". LaBeouf has thus joked that his name literally means "Thank God for beef."
- Method Acting: Actually took acid for his role in The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman not as research but actually while filming.
- Said he would actually have sex if required in Nymphomaniac, though director Lars von Trier opted to use "sex doubles" with the actors' heads digitally pasted on the doubles body.
- Money, Dear Boy: He made this apparent that this was his views of the Transformers Franchise after Revenge Of The Fallen. While he had a more positive opinion on Dark of the Moon, he still blasted Hollywood Blockbusters as a whole.
- Plagiarism: His short film "HowardCantor.com" was accused of copying a graphic novel by Daniel Clowes, and his apology was copied from a Yahoo Answers post made years earlier, along with lines from Kanye West and Tiger Woods. After he gave an interview to Rich Johnston of BleedingCool it was discovered many of his responses had been copied from pre-existing quotes as well.
- Rapid-Fire "No!"
- Reclusive Artist: Has declared that he "retired from public life" ever since the above Plagiarism example.
- Tom Hanks Syndrome: Was discovered telling dirty jokes and was cast in Even Stevens in a comedic role. After that he did more dramatic roles.