Seth Rogen is a Canadian actor, born April 15, 1982. He often works with Judd Apatow
and writing partner Evan Goldberg. Rogen has appeared in over 20 movies over his career.
He started out doing stand-up before getting small parts in Freaks and Geeks
. His first major role was in The 40-Year-Old Virgin
, of which he was also a co-producer. Rogen then went on to star in Knocked Up
, Funny People
, and Observe and Report
, and he also co-wrote with Evan Goldberg the movies Superbad
, Pineapple Express
, and The Green Hornet
. In 2011, he married screenwriter Lauren Miller. You probably don't know he was in Donnie Darko
either. His directorial debut with Goldberg, This Is The End
came out in 2013.
Tropes associated with Seth Rogen:
- Accidental Pervert: He proposed to Lauren while she was changing. Fortunately, she said yes.
- Adorkable: YMMV, but definitely those attracted to him think so.
- Annoying Laugh: YMMV, but lampshaded on Jonathan Ross; "You've got an even weirder laugh than mine!"
- Anti-Hero: Tends to play these a lot in his movies.
- Brown Eyes
- Canada, Eh?
- Fake American: Dale, Britt, Ronnie, Ken, Lou and Andy, just to name a few of his characters.
- Happily Married: To Lauren Miller.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With James Franco.
- Nice Guy: Is very dry-witted, but one of the most upbeat comedians in Hollywood.
- Jewish and Nerdy
- Quirky Curls
- Retroactive Recognition: Plays a cameraman in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
- The Stoner: Is one himself.
- Type Casting: Name one movie where he doesn't play the same character over and over.
- Younger Than They Look: Is 31, but looks much older.
- Look at him in Freaks and Geeks as carefully as you possibly can. He was only 17, but managed to look far, far older than all the actors on the show who weren't really teenagers.