Seth Rogen is a Canadian actor, born April 15, 1982. He often works with Judd Apatow
and writing partner Evan Goldberg. Rogen has appeared in over 20 movies over his career.
He started out doing stand-up before getting small parts in Freaks and Geeks
. His first major role was in The 40-Year-Old Virgin
, of which he was also a co-producer. Rogen then went on to star in Knocked Up
, Funny People
, and Observe and Report
, and he also co-wrote with Evan Goldberg the movies Superbad
, Pineapple Express
, and The Green Hornet
. In 2011, he married screenwriter Lauren Miller. You probably don't know he was in Donnie Darko
either. His directorial debut with Goldberg, This Is the End
came out in 2013.
Tropes associated with Seth Rogen:
- Accidental Pervert: He proposed to Lauren while she was changing. Fortunately, she said yes.
- Adorkable: YMMV, but definitely those attracted to him think so.
- Annoying Laugh: YMMV, but lampshaded on Jonathan Ross; "You've got an even weirder laugh than mine!"
- Anti-Hero: Tends to play these a lot in his movies.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: When he was 15, he once had A Date with Rosie Palms to a photo of Rupaul, not knowing that she's a Drag Queen.
- Brown Eyes
- Canada, Eh?
- Fake American: Dale, Britt, Ronnie, Ken, Lou and Andy, just to name a few of his characters.
- Happily Married: To Lauren Miller.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners / Those Two Actors: With James Franco.
- Jewish and Nerdy
- Moment Of Awesome: Testified to Congress on the importance of financial support for Alzheimer's research, using his celebrity and humor for a greater cause.
- Nice Guy: Is very dry-witted, but one of the most upbeat comedians in Hollywood.
- One of Us: Will soon be directing a movie about the Console Wars between Sega and Nintendo.
- Quirky Curls
- The Stoner: Is one himself.
- Type Casting: Name one movie where he doesn't play the same character over and over.
- Younger than They Look: Is 31, but looks much older.
- Look at him in Freaks and Geeks as carefully as you possibly can. He was only 17, but managed to look far, far older than all the actors on the show who weren't really teenagers.