Senta Moses (born August 8, 1973) is an American actress best known for playing Delia Fisher in My So-Called Life and Phoebe, the third lab assistant in Beakman's World. She also appeared in the first two Home Alone movies. As a child actor, she played Molly in a touring production of Annie for a year and a half.
Some of Senta's roles include:
- The Blues Brothers: Dancer outside Ray's (uncredited).
- Annie: Molly (3rd national tour)
- D.C. Cab: Ambassador's daughter
- Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Tracey McCallister
- Running the Halls: Nikki Watson
- My So-Called Life: Delia Fisher
- Beakman's World: Phoebe
- Sister Sister: Dot
- Greek: Lizzi
- General Hospital: Winifred Leeds
- Faking It: Principal Penelope
- Bella and the Bulldogs: Mrs. Silverstein (Pepper's adoptive mother)
Senta Moses provides examples of:
- The Cast Showoff: Beakman's World devoted a segment to the science of breaking boards, making use of Senta's karate skills in the process.
- Older Than They Look: She made a career out of Dawson Casting in the '90s, playing many teenage roles despite not being a teenager since 1993. Even at age 40 (when the page image was taken), she still doesn't look much older than 30. (Her short height also helped; see Teens Are Short below).
- Quirky Curls: She has naturally curly hair, which means she has a history of playing either Genki Girls (Phoebe, Lizzi) or nerdy introverts (Winifred, etc.) Part of Lizzi's makeover in Greek got rid of the wild curls for a more businesslike straight 'do, intended to bust her out of her Plucky Office Girl persona.
- Teens Are Short: She's 4 feet 11 inches tall, which made her pretty much the poster child of Dawson Casting for most of the '90s, and even into the 2000s. Of course, as a result of this, she subverts the trope when she takes an authoritarian role (like Lizzi, who's shorter than all of the girls in the sorority she takes over.)