Shaun Mark "Sean" Bean
(born 1959) is an English actor.
Sean is renowned as a Mr. Fanservice
or because of
his many roles as villains). According to The Other Wiki
, he does not mind being considered 'a bit of rough'
by the ladies. Apparently, the ladies are okay with that because he was voted the UK's second sexiest man in 2004.
Sean Bean's Star-Making Role
role was the field-promoted
British officer, Sharpe
He followed this up by portraying bad guys who die a lot
. In fact, seeing Sean's name in the credits could almost be considered a spoiler, because it is almost certain that he will be a good guy who turns bad
and then dies. He even died twice
Like many other British leading men, he purportedly wanted to become a professional footballer
before he went into acting.
His personal reputation for badassery
has greatly benefited from reports
of a Major Injury Underreaction
after an altercation in a pub. Unfortunately, other reports
haven't been as complimentary.Do Not Confuse With Mr. Bean
Tropes associated with Sean Bean:
- Chronically Killed Actor: The Trope Codifier, having died in over two dozen of the films and shows he's appeared in.
Is it yet an accepted rule that the appearance of Sean Bean in any film/tv trailer constitues a spoiler?
- Manly Gay: Sean Bean's role in British series Accused showed him as an incredibly straight gay man, who escapes on weekends into an alternate persona as a flamboyant, but incredibly unconvincing, woman. The role was positively reviewed as departure for Sean Bean himself given his manly persona.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: Sean pretty much sticks with his native Oop North. He doesn't have to bother for Game of Thrones. There, it's just perfect. This is not, by the way, to say that he can't do a foreign accent very well.
- Stage Names: His birth name is Shaun, but he picked the Irish spelling.
- Type Casting: Apart from Sharpe, Troy and Flightplan, most of his roles are either villainous/suspicious or someone who dies. Or both.