"Become a Viking Today!"
Robbaz (real name Robert Öberg) is a Swedish YouTube
personality known for gaming videos with his own brand of commentary, with the gimmick that he sees himself as a Viking warrior with a fascination for nipples and kink (these being recurring words he has used in his videos). The games he has shown on his YouTube page include The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
, Saints Row: The Third
, Happy Wheels
and Cry of Fear
He has also made videos comparing the graphics of multiplatform games for the PC, Xbox 360
. Naturally, these haven't gone without flame wars
, which Robbaz even lampshades
on his Web site when the "Comparisons" tab is moused over
His YouTube page can be found here
.And his Web site can be found here
Robbaz provides examples of:
- Atop a Mountain of Corpses: Many Project Zomboid outings begin and/or end with Robbaz killing dozens upon dozens of zombies.
- Back from the Dead: After Walrus is slain by Krosis, Robbaz makes the trip to Sovngarde to bring him back.
- Bare Fisted Viking: The entire point of Unarmed Badass Viking
- Beary Friendly: Oslo the polar bear, one of Robbaz' Skyrim companions. He likes to take naps.
- Berserk Button: Don't talk shit about Robbaz's soup.
- Bilingual Bonus: He slips into speaking/shouting Swedish on occasion, especially when in the heat of a pitched battle.
- Black Comedy Rape: A standard source of humor in his videos.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Despite all his foolishness and nipple jokes he's surprisingly good at most games, FPS in particular.
- Butt Monkey: In pretty much every video he's appeared in, Sven is usually killed... repeatedly.
- Likewise, if Robbaz calls any character "Bob", all they can hope for is that the end will be quick.
- Catch Phrase: Quite a few.
- "Robbaz here, King of Sweden," when introducing himself, or whenever his player character is introduced/asked their name.
- "Dental Appointment" whenever he gets the 'triple face punch' unarmed killcam in Skyrim.
- "Become... a Viking... TODAY!" at the end of his videos, with 'Viking' occasionally replaced by the focus of the video. This includes objects such as asteroids.
- "Like and favorite this shit."
- "Viking (Noun)!"
- Caught with Your Pants Down: Robbaz keeps catching Walrus yerking off in public.
- Chef of Iron: Online, he's a self-proclaimed Viking, but in real life he's actually a chef. He occasionally posts videos of him cooking unusual dishes, such as Moose Burgers and Kangaroo Tacos.
- Cool Ship: The V.S.P Midgard. Robbaz even comments that for once, something he made in Kerbal Space Program actually looks like a proper starship.
- Completely Missing the Point: Robbaz spent his entire Slender playthrough trying to hunt Slenderman. This proved to be a terrible idea.
- Creepy Basement: His Sims 3 basement contains torture chambers for his neighbors to die in, with glass walls so his evil Viking baby can watch, and exercise equipment.
- Cuteness Proximity: Robbaz occasionally gets distracted by his animal companions.
- Die, Chair! Die!: Happens a lot in his Skyrim playthroughs.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: What was Robbaz's first reaction to seeing Slenderman? Pull out a pistol and shoot his nipples off. When that failed? Charge the SOB head on. Obviously this failed, but Robbaz claimed victory by merit of raping Slenderman.
- Done literally in a Skyrim playthrough, where his character is such an unarmed juggernaut he can punch dragons to death.
- Disproportionate Retribution: In Redneck Brothers Episode 19, Robbaz forgets to pay the bill and some of his stuff is repossessed. He follows the repo woman home, steals everything from her apartment, and murders her boyfriend.
- Drives Like Crazy: If Robbaz ever gets behind the wheel, run. Run far away. And pray he doesn't come your way. Within seconds of picking a different car in a driving simulator, for example, he goes as fast as possible and ends up in a ditch within seconds.
- During his time in a Hind D in Take On Helicopters, Robbaz tries to lift off, but only spins around in circles. When he tries to fix this, he ends up accidentally turning off the engines. When he looks up from the console, he finds that not only is it still spinning, he's sideways, falling like a brick and spinning faster.
- Enfant Terrible: Within seconds of starting Fallout 3, Robbaz shoots his father dead.
- In his The Sims 3 house, his character's second child cackles with sadistic glee at the sight of people burning to death in a torture chamber.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Robbaz, the depraved, bloodthirsty berserker who murders children with glee, gives several Flat Whats when he sees the interracial couple about to be stoned to death in Bioshock Infinite. It really drives home how screwed up that whole event is.
- Face Death with Dignity: Emperor Titus attempts to do this when Robbaz comes to assassinate him for the Dark Brotherhood. Subverted when Robbaz SUPLEXES the emperor.
- Five-Man Band: In Skyrim
- Foreshadowing: While playing Skyrim's "Mind of Madness", Robbaz makes an offhand comment that "[he] would never kill Walrus" Technically He didn't, but he did believe Walrus was dead when he was turned into a sweetroll
- Funny Background Event: Several normally-serious Skyrim moments are ruined by Walrus' antics in the background. He has a habit of climbing up on things he's not supposed to.
- During a bugged out Silent Hunter cutscene in which a submarine captain talks to a nonexistent superior, the U-boat that Robbaz carefully piloted into the dock to trigger the cutscene slowly enters the frame before crashing into the wall of the submarine pen. The best part of it is that the Atlantean deck gunners are still manning their positions, come hell or high water.
- Funny Foreigner: Half of Robbaz's shtick. Along with...
- Funny Accent: Especially when concerning J's and G's, resulting in "Yenius", Yesus", and "Yerk off"
- Godzilla Threshold: Any situation in Skyrim that makes hiring Robbaz to fix it a good idea has passed this long, long ago.
- Hello, Insert Name Here: Some of Robbaz' Skyrim aliases include "Badass," "a fucking Viking, bitch!" and "Batman and this is Walrus."
- He's also fond of responding to NPCs when they ask his name, sometimes getting frustrated when he has to keep introducing himself as Robbaz, King of Sweden.
- Heroic BSOD: Walrus fell into a deep depression after being turned into a sweetroll
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: The only type of hero Robbaz knows how to be.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Having rushed his way to the Dragonrider boss in Dark Souls 2, when it kills itself without even requiring a single hit he takes the time to put the controller down and mock the boss... only for one of the enemies he ran past earlier to come up behind and kill him.
- Humongous Mecha: Builds one in Kerbal and takes it on a mini-rampage. Another one he tries to send to the moon, with obvious results.
- Spider Tank: What he ends up building when he can't get his robot to balance properly. He even remarks on how it reminds him of Wild Wild West
- Hypocritical Humour: While playing The Sims 3, he's disturbed that its possible to put make-up on children, and asks what kind of pervert would do that. He then, of course, proceeds to do it.
- In-Joke: Robbaz made a point of saying he was the only Let's Player to ever play Slender. Especially the only Swedish LPer to play it.
- Insistent Terminology: Used to always refer to himself as the full title Robbaz, King of Sweden, though as of late he says the joke has run its course.
- Large Ham: Pretty much whenever he gets excited. Which tends to happen a lot in a heated battle. Much yelling and smack talking will ensue whenever this is.
- Minion with an F in Evil: After watching his Kerbal videos, North Korea hires Robbaz to build some "Kim Jong Hard-Un" missiles. They really ought to have known better.
- Mood Whiplash: Robbaz has a tendency to utterly demolish any sense of drama that the game he's currently playing might have otherwise had. One good example is Astrid's death in his Skyrim play through. Absolutely horrifying in the original game, but Crosses the Line Twice with Robbaz reanimating the burnt corpse over and over while giggling like a little kid.
- During his Redneck Brothers playthrough of Sims 3, having spent the entire episode physically experimenting on his Sims, he seems legitimately sad when his butler Bertram is killed by a freak dishwasher accident, spending several minutes building a very nice looking grave and delivering a proper eulogy. This is immediately followed by the Sims literally dancing on top of it.
- Mummies at the Dinner Table: The Skyrim Thanksgiving special
- My God, What Have I Done?: Robbaz has a flash of this at the end of his "Mind of Madness" playthrough when he accidentally blasts Walrus with the Wabbajack and turns him into a sweetroll.
- Its a frequent response to the deaths of any of his Kerbals whenever he messes up in Kerbal Space Program. Its quickly glossed over, though.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Robbaz is certainly an intimidating name, but then you've got Pro-Wrestlers named "King of Nipples" and spaceships dubbed "Nipple Sky Penetrator". If you ever end up in Robbaz's world, it's best to just never stop running.
- His weapon of choice for most of Dark Souls 2 was dubbed the Club of Happiness.
- Oh, Crap / This Is Gonna Suck: In his Crashtastic #3 video, he sees a level which causes him to simply let out a foreboding "Ohohoho! Oh no. Ohh noo..."
- Product Placement: Robbaz really wants you to drive a Volvo.
- Rage Quit: After spending the entirety of Dawnguard stumbling around in caves only to be told that he's got to go through more caves for the Chantry part of the quest, Robbaz gives up and tries to find where they've hidden the Dragonborn DLC.
- Rated M for Manly
- Schizo Tech: In his eighth episode of his Jotunheimr Kerbal Space Program series, Robbaz designs a dropship (the Drop Shit) that uses both rocket engines and propeller engines, powered by a fission reactor. It works surprisingly well.
- Shock Party: Half the guests at the Fallout 3 tutorial birthday party are gunned down before Robbaz realizes it's not an ambush.
- Sitting on the Roof: The last Dawnguard video opens with Walrus on top of Lakeview Manor. Maybe Robbaz can lure him down with a snack...
- Stuff Blowing Up: The Kerbal Space Program videos in a nutshell.
- Suddenly Shouting: Also from his Crashtastic #3 video, when he experienced success in a level in a somewhat unorthodox manner, he promptly yelled "DAAAAOOOOOWWW VIKING POWAH!! DAAAGH!". He quickly apologised.
- His Dark Souls 2 streams frequently discuss how much of a psychopath his neighbors must think he is, constantly shouting about Valhalla.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: About every third word, or so.
- Tempting Fate: Invoked just about every time he builds something in Kerbal Space Program.
- Theme Naming: If Robbaz is allowed to name something, rest assured it'll involve Vikings or nipples. Or Nipple Vikings. This has grown less frequent, however.
- Throw Down the Bomblet: Robbaz played an entire episode of Battlefield using nothing but a pack of C4. He ended up with double-digit kills.
- There Is No Kill Except Overkill: Who else but Robbaz would use a walrus for an assassination?
- The Unfavorite: Robbaz despises his oldest Sims 3 child, seals him in a shed to starve to death, insults his ghost, but is delighted when he comes back to life because it means he can kill him again with a modded-in sniper rifle.
- Unfazed Everyman: No matter what horrors he encounters, the most he'll ever say is his goofy, high-pitched "Hello!"
- Trademark Favorite Food: Robbaz has nipples and Trocadero, Walrus has shildren and after one quest, sweetrolls.
- Videogame Cruelty Potential: So very much. Sims 3 showed us just how cruel Robbaz's Viking household could be.
- When All You Have is A Walrus: Robbaz tries to solve nearly every dilemma in Scribblenauts with Walrus. It works a surprising number of times.
- Would Hurt a Child: Robbaz is an equal-opportunity Viking.
- Zerg Rush: Robbaz' Army of Children.
"Anyway, like and favorite this shit
! Become A Viking Today!