Creator: Rob Bottin
"'I like weird things, I've tried to gravitate toward the incredibly strange."'Rob Bottin is a special effects artist who began his career at age 14 after sending a letter to his idol Rick Baker who was impressed by his drawing and molding skills, he eventually formed his own company Rob Bottin Studio, he abruptly retired in 2002 when he just wasn't getting work in the horror and action films he desired, part of this was due to the film industry's reliance on CGI over practical effects.
Projects Bottin Worked On:
- King Kong (1976) - His first major work in a feature film
- A New Hope - Designed several cantina aliens, also played one of the band members
- Piranha - Makeup effects for the piranha victims, one of which is based on himself, also the first film in which he received an onscreen credit.
- The Fog - In addition to makeup effects he also played Captain Blake.
- Humanoids From The Deep
- The Howling
- The Thing (1982) - This is his Star-Making Role, the one for which he will always be loved and rembered, he was so dedicated to improving the creature effects he slept in the studio and was briefly hospitalized for exhaustion.
- Twilight Zone: The Movie
- The Witches of Eastwick
- RoboCop (1987)
- Total Recall (1990)
- Basic Instinct
- Deep Rising
- Fight Club
- Mission: Impossible
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- Mr. Deeds