Richard Crispin Armitage is a British actor. He is most well known as Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit, Lucas North in Spooks/MI-5, John Thornton in the adaptation of North and South, Guy of Gisbourne in Robin Hood.His notable works include:
- Ultimate Force as Capt. Ian Macalwain
- Robin Hood as Sir Guy of Gisbourne.
- North and South as John Thornton.
- Spooks as Lucas North.
- Chris Ryan's Strike Back as John Porter.
- The Vicar of Dibley as Harry Kennedy.
- Sparkhouse as John.
- Captain America: The First Avenger as Heinz Kruger.
- The Hobbit as Thorin Oakenshield.
- Into the Storm (2014) as Gary Fuller.
- Hannibal as Francis Dolarhyde.
- Castlevania as Trevor Belmont
Tropes associated with him include:
- Badass Baritone: Most characters he plays are tough, and his voice is preposterously deep.
- One of Us: Admitted to being a Tolkien purist.
- This video proves it.
- Playing Against Type: Plays a nerdy accountant with a romantic streak in The Vicar of Dibley, who also has a penchant for cuddly jumpers.
- Shipper on Deck: He actually ships Kili/Tauriel.
- Type-Casting: Often plays grim, brooding characters.