Reginald Hudlin, film writer and director, was President of Entertainment at BET and writer of Black Panther
for Marvel Comics
. He was an executive producer for The Boondocks
while it was under development at FOX. Though no longer involved by the time the show was picked up by [adult swim]
, the show was contractually obligated to continue to credit him as a producer. A parody of Hudlin appears in two episodes of The Boondocks second season, as a sellout BET executive named Weggie Rudlin, with a Harvard degree - similar to Hudlin's real role at BET.
Tropes associated with his works:
- Author Tract
- Fantastic Racism: He once wrote a comic where Black Panther saves a bunch of Skrulls from some other Skrulls, in a continuation of an old Fantastic Four comic. Half the Skrulls were living as black people, mainly Civil Rights activists from the 60's (with a Malcolm X skrull and a Black Panther movement), and the other half were 30's style white Gangsters, persecuting the "Black" Skrulls.
- Idiot Ball
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Dr. Doom, Ulysses Klaw and arguably any non-BP character.
- Sock Puppet: Has been caught using them to defend his Black Panther.
- Token Romance / Token Minority Couple: Storm and Black Panther
- The Worf Effect: His retcon of the fight between T'Chaka and Captain America during World War II went from being a fight between equals that made both characters look good into a Curb-Stomp Battle where T'Chaka easily pwns a Type II Eaglelander of a Captain America.
- Writer on Board