Creator: Reduced Shakespeare Company
We think old Bill's too stuffy, he needs to loosen,
So we take his boring plays and we reduce 'em!
The poetry, the subplots, the imagery that's illing,
And we get right down to the sex and killing!
—"We Take It OTT (The RSC)" from The Reduced Shakespeare Radio ShowThe Reduced Shakespeare Company is an American comedy group, who specialise in taking vast bodies of work, that would take days to see in their entirety, whittling them down to the bare essentials, then whittling them down a bit further and filling the gaps with jokes. They arguably invented The Abridged Series formula.Their members can be blamed for producing these plays:
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged)
- The Complete History of America (abridged)
- The Bible: The Complete Word of God (abridged)
- The Complete Millennium Musical (abridged)
- All the Great Books (abridged)
- Completely Hollywood (abridged)
- The Complete World of Sports (abridged)
- Star Wars Shortened
- Lost Reduced - Covers the first five seasons, and was televised before the sixth season premier.
- The Ring Reduced - Televised as part of Channel Four's Richard Wagner season.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.