Olivia Tennet (born January 4, 1991) is a New Zealand actress, mostly known in her home country for her role as Tuesday Warner on the nightly medical drama Shortland Street between 2007 and 2008. Outside of her homeland, she is best known for playing the role of Teen Genius Dr. K on Power Rangers RPM, the seventeenth season of the long-running Power Rangers franchise which premiered in 2009.Before her two most notable roles, Tennet gained exposure at a young age, first appearing on an episode of Xena: Warrior Princess during its fourth season (1999) as a runaway princess named Alesia. Since then, she gained roles in movies like Kids World and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. She would make her first major television appearance on the post-apocalyptic circus fantasy Maddigan's Quest in 2006, playing the role of Lilith. A year later, she would gain the role of Tuesday Warner on Shortland Street which would give her the most exposure in her home country. She would appear on the soap opera in 2007 and in 2008. Her stint on Power Rangers RPM soon followed.Outside of television and movie appearances, Tennet is also an up-and-coming stage performer, having participated in school plays in Auckland, as well as in major productions like Stepping Out with the Auckland Theatre Company. She is also a dancer and has her own YouTube channel which has videos of her choreographed jazz, tap, hip hop, and lyrical dance performances.More recently, Olivia has been making inroads into the horror scene, appearing in the indie horror feature Blood Punch, which she filmed with several of the Power Rangers RPM cast and crew. She's now back in New Zealand, making her own web series titled Dancing in Small Spaces in which, as the name suggests, has her perform her own choreography in small spaces.
Notable On-Screen Roles:
- Kids World—Nicole Mitchell (2000). (Winner, Best Juvenile Performer, 2000 Nokia New Zealand Film and Television Awards.)
- Watermark—Megan (2001). (Winner, Best Actress, 2003 New Zealand Drifting Clouds International Short Film Festival.)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers—Freda (2002)
- Maddigan's Quest—Lilith (2006).
- Shortland Street—Tuesday Warner (2007, 2008).
- Power Rangers RPM—Dr. K (2009).
- Blood Punch—Skyler (2013).
Notable Stage Roles:
- Stepping Out—Lynne. Production with the Auckland Theatre Company (2010).
- Othello—Emilia. Production with the Peach Theatre Company (2011).
- The Wizard of Oz—Dorothy Gale. Production with the Peach Theatre Company (2011).
Tropes Associated with Olivia Tennet:
- Stylistic Suck: In the play Stepping Out, she plays a young nurse named Lynne who takes tap-dancing lessons—even though Olivia has been tap-dancing since she was four years old, and has won several awards for her dancing talents.