actress born December 28, 1979 as Noomi Noren, best known as Lisbeth Salander in the Swedish film adaptations of The Millennium Trilogy
. She also stars in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
and plays the lead role in Ridley Scott
as well as Brian De Palma
's 2013 film Passion
She changed her surname to Rapace when she married her former husband Ola (best known for his role in Skyfall
- they both got a new surname.
- Action Girl: Kicks a whole lot of ass in the Dragon Tattoo movies.
- Determinator: One of the main traits of Dr. Elizabeth Shaw.
- Doing It for the Art: Has been quoted as saying there needs to be more of this in cinema. Or, at least, Swedish cinema needs more of this.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Her Lisbeth Salander role, which involved a lot of piercings (most of which she'd actually had as a teenager, so she just got them redone), and a lot of makeup to cover up her naturally dark complexion.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Just a hair over five foot four.
- Star-Making Role: As Lisbeth; she was primarily a stage actress up to that point, but has since begun to act in big-budget Hollywood films.