Creator: Noomi Rapace
Noomi Rapace (born December 28, 1979) is a Swedish actress best known as Lisbeth Salander in the Swedish film adaptations of The Millennium Trilogy. She also stars in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows and plays the lead role in Ridley Scott's Prometheus as well as Brian De Palma's 2013 film Passion. She has a supporting role in The Drop.
- Action Girl: Kicks a whole lot of ass in the Dragon Tattoo movies.
- Determinator: One of the main traits of both Lisbeth Salander and Dr. Elizabeth Shaw.
- Doing It for the Art: Has been quoted as saying there needs to be more of this in cinema. Or, at least, Swedish cinema needs more of this.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Her Lisbeth Salander role, which involved a lot of piercings (most of which she'd actually had as a teenager, so she just got them redone), and a lot of pale makeup to cover up her naturally dark complexion.
- The Maiden Name Debate: Born Noomi Norén, arried actor Ola Norell in 2001 and both changed their surname to Rapace, which means "bird of prey" in French and Italian. They divorced in 2011, by which point both of them had become too well known to change their stage names back.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Just a hair over five foot four.
- Star-Making Role: As Lisbeth; she was primarily a stage actress up to that point, but has since begun to act in big-budget Hollywood films.