Creator: Mordecai Richler
A Canadian writer, best known for his stories of Montreal-born Jewish characters, often contrary, argumentative, and morally ambiguous. Although he's primarily remembered as one of Canada's literary bright lights, turning out books like Solomon Gursky Was Here and The Apprenticeship Of Duddy Kravitz, he also wrote children's books like the Jacob Two-Two stories, essays and journalism giving his often crabby views on everything from Israel to Quebec, and even a book about pool. Several of his books have been turned into films, most recently Barney's Version.
Tropes often appearing in Richler's works:
- Author Avatar - All over the place.
- Canada, Eh? - Massively averted.
- Canon Welding - Quite a few of his characters show up in multiple novels.
- Jerk Ass - More than a few
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- N-Word Privileges - His Jewish characters can often be greedy, venal, and generally nasty.
- Take That