Creator: Mohiro Kitoh
Mohiro Kitoh is the creator of Narutaru and Bokurano, both of which have been adapted into anime series. Before those, he also wrote the two-volume manga Wings of Vendemiaire as well as a number of short stories.His work nearly always sits on the far end of the cynical side of the scale and frequently involves very disturbing material and abrupt changes in mood. Common themes include the cruelty of humans and the innocence (or loss of, or indeed lack thereof) of children. He is also really fond of mountain bikes; in fact, one of his currently-running series, Noririn, is about bikes.When you break apart the kanji for his name, it means "ogre-headed teacher." Considering what he puts his characters through...Compare to Gen Urobuchi.
His works include:
- Wings of Vendemiaire
- Neon Genesis Evangelion and Rebuild of Evangelion (Angel design, support: Sachiel, Israfiel, Zeruel. Main: 3rd Angel ROE.)
- Hallucinations From The Womb
- Kare no Satsujin Keikaku (His Murder Plan)
- Owari To Hajimari No Miles
- Nanika Mochigatte Masuka? (Is Their Something Wrong?)
- Devil Survivor 2 (character design)
Tropes present in his works:
- Abusive Parents
- Anyone Can Die/Kill 'em All
- Break the Cutie
- Deconstructed Tropes: His works are deconstructions of genres like Mons (Narutaru) and Super Robot (Bokurano).
- Bokurano is debatable: though it is pretty dark (more than Eva, the standard deconstruction, which is saying something), it's not necessarily a deconstruction.
- Dysfunction Junction
- Kids Are Cruel/Teens Are Monsters
- Lighter and Softer: His latest manga, Noririn. Which is about bicycling. It's pretty tame.
- Mood Whiplash/From Bad to Worse: Always expect those when reading his works...
- Noodle People: Somebody needs to tell this guy that old WWII footage of concentration camp survivors might not make the best photo references.
- Rape as Drama/Rape as Backstory
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: For the most part, they're far, far towards the cynical end of the scale, often to the point of being nihilistic.
- Straw Nihilist
- There Are No Therapists