Milena Markivna "Mila" Kunis (born August 14, 1983) is an American actress, most famous for playing Jackie Burkhart on That '70s Show and voicing Meg Griffin on Family Guy.She was born in Ukraine, then part of the Soviet Union; her family moved to the U.S. after the fall of communism. In the '90s, she appeared in small roles in TV series (Baywatch, Walker, Texas Ranger, 7th Heaven) and films (Piranha, Santa With Muscles, Gia). Her breakout role was of Jackie on That '70s Show, which ran from 1998 to 2006. In 2001 she had a minor role in the romantic-comedy Get Over It. Kunis is now known as the voice of Meg Griffin on Family Guy, replacing the original voice actress Lacey Chabert.note She appeared in films during her run on That '70s Show, but her career only took off after the series ended. In 2008, she starred in the Romantic Comedy Forgetting Sarah Marshall, co-produced by Judd Apatow. In 2009, she appeared in the film adaptation of Max Payne, and Mike Judge's comedy film Extract. In 2010, she starred in the post-apocalyptic action film The Book of Eli alongside Denzel Washington and had a small role in the comedy Date Night. Her next film was Darren Aronofsky's ballet drama Black Swan, where she played Natalie Portman's rival. In 2011, she starred in the romantic comedy Friends with Benefits along with Justin Timberlake. In 2012, she appeared in Seth MacFarlane's directorial debut, Ted. In 2013, she appeared in the fantasy film Oz: The Great and Powerful, Sam Raimi's take on a prequel to The Wizard of Oz lore.In 2015, she appeared in Jupiter Ascending, a Science Fiction film directed by the Wachowskis and co-starring Channing Tatum.She has also appeared in a few music videos (most notably "Jaded" for Aerosmith), voiced Tanya Winters in the video game Saints Row 1, and serves as a commercial spokesperson for Jim Beam bourbon.She's married to former That '70s Show costar Ashton Kutcher and they have a child together.Also agreed to go out with a Marine who asked her out via YouTube.
This actress provides examples of:
- Death Glare: Shown on Conan
- Even the Girls Want Her: After filming Black Swan, Mila got quite a large female fanbase.
- Cameron Diaz admits to having a girl crush on her.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: The lesbian scene between her and Natalie Portman in Black Swan has gotten some attention.
- Not to mention her scene with Zoe Saldana in After Sex.
- Loophole Abuse: How she got her role on That '70s Show in the first place. She told the producers she was going to be 18 "on my birthday", but didn't specify that particular birthday was four years away.
- One Head Taller: She's 5' 3". She played Ashton Kutcher's (6' 2") girlfriend on That 70s Show, and Jason Segel's (6' 4") on Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
- Really Seventeen Years Old
- "Sesame Street" Cred: She appeared on Sesame Street in 2011 to teach kids about the word "include".
- You Didn't Ask: All who auditioned for her role in That '70s Show were required to be at least 18 years old; she was 14 at the time, so she told the casting directors she’d be 18 on her birthday, but didn't say which one. Though they eventually figured it out, the producers still thought she was the best fit for the role.
- Your Costume Needs Work: She mentioned in an interview that she auditioned for the part of a Russian Jewish girl in the 1995 film Make a Wish, Molly, but she didn't get it, because "they didn't think I looked Russian or Jewish enough - and, mind you, I am both Russian and Jewish". Instead, she was cast as a Mexican.