Michael B. "Mike" Pollock (born March 9, 1965), sometimes credited as Herb Lawrence, is an American voice actor based in New York, where his distinctive voice makes him instantly recognizable. He has appeared as the narrator for 4Kids shows like Pokémon and some promos on the original Fox Box and 4Kids TV. He is also well-known as the current voice actor for Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik in the Sonic the Hedgehog series.He is known for being genial and open with his fans. While the majority of the 4Kids Sonic cast is fairly secluded, Mike Pollock has conducted a number of interviews for those who have approached him. It is likely helpful to his friendly nature that he has avoided much of the backlash his colleagues, such as Jason Griffith, have received.note As of 2010, the majority of the Sonic the Hedgehog voice cast was replaced, with the sole exception of Mike, as Sega felt that none of the other auditions could match his impression of Eggman.
His most famous roles include:
- Meat in Ultimate Muscle
- Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik and Prof. Gerald Robotnik in Sonic X. Later on, he took on both roles for the video games themselves. He's also the only Sonic voice actor to have his contract renewed, thus making him the only 4Kids voice actor still working in the Sonic games, despite the dubbing of the games being moved to the L.A-based Studiopolis since 2010.
- He also takes on the roles of both Mayor Fink and Fastidious Beaver in the Sonic Boom sub-series.
- The Professor in Huntik
- Adon Coborlwitz in Berserk (1997) and Berserk: The Golden Age Arc
- The Narrator (Seasons 7-8; filling in for Rodger Parsons), Raoul Contesta, Charon, and several other minor characters in Pokémon.
- Helga and Dr. Drake in Dinosaur King (taking over the deceased Maddie Blaustein) as well as guest-characters Tokugawa Ieyasu and Dumas
- Beast in the motion comic adaptation of Astonishing X-Men's "Gifted" arc
- Bigoriki in Smeshariki
- Greg and the narrator in Ratatoing
- Jean-Louis Bonaparte in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
- Kirby King and The Garbageman in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
- Professor Arthur Hawkins, Crump, and Grerimo in Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Kuzenbo, King Kappa in Smite