Michael B. "Mike" Pollock, sometimes credited as Herb Lawrence, is an American voice actor based in New York, where his distinctive voice makes him instantly recognizable.He has appeared as the narrator for 4Kids shows like Pokémon and some promos on the original Fox Box and 4Kids TV. He is also well-known as the current voice actor for Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik in the Sonic the Hedgehog
He is known for being genial and open with his fans. While the majority of the 4Kids Sonic
cast is fairly secluded, Mike Pollock has conducted a number of interviews for those who have approached him. It is likely helpful to his friendly nature that he has avoided much of the backlash (this is partially attributed to the fact that both of Eggman's previous actors, Deem Bristow
and Long John Baldry
, are dead.) his colleagues, such as Jason Griffith
, have received.
As of 2010, the majority of the Sonic the Hedgehog
voice cast was replaced
, with the sole exception of Mike, as Sega felt that none of the other auditions could match his impression of Eggman.
His most famous roles include:
- Meat in Ultimate Muscle
- Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik and Prof. Gerald Robotnik in Sonic X. Later on, he took on both roles for the video games themselves. He's also the only Sonic voice actor to have his contract renewed, thus making him the only 4Kids voice actor still working in the Sonic games.
- The Professor in Huntik
- Adon in Berserk
- The Narrator (replacing Rodger Parsons) and Raoul Contesta in the 4Kids dub of Pokémon, Charon in the PUSA dub, and several other minor characters.
- Helga and Dr. Drake in Dinosaur King (taking over the deceased Maddie Blaustein) as well as guest-characters Tokugawa Ieyasu and Dumas
- Beast in the motion comic adaptation of Astonishing X-Men's "Gifted" arc
- Bigoriki in GoGoRiki
- Jean-Louis Bonaparte in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
- Kirby King and The Garbageman in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003
- Professor Arthur Hawkins, Crump, and Grerimo in Yu-Gi-Oh!