Creator: Mia Wasikowska
Aussie actress born October 14, 1989, best known for playing the eponymous role in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, and Annette Bening's daughter in The Kids Are All Right, as well as the (also) eponymous role in the 2011 adaptation of Jane Eyre.
She appeared in:
- In Treatment (TV Series, 2008) - Sophie
- Defiance (2008) - Chaya Dziencielsky
- The Kids Are All Right (2009) - Joni
- Lawless (2012) - Bertha Minnix
- Stoker (2012) - India Stoker
- Only Lovers Left Alive (2013) - Ava
- The Double (2013) - Hannah
- Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass (2016) - Alice Kingsleigh
This actress provides examples of:
- Boyish Short Hair: For her role in Restless, her hair was cut to a pixie style, and had that look when she attended the premier of Alice in Wonderland (2010).
- Fake Nationality: Her roles tend to be a Fake American or a Fake Brit.
- Protagonist Title: She played the titular Alice in Wonderland and Jane Eyre. Stoker also counts since it's a Family Title movie.
- Star-Making Role: Playing Alice Kingsleigh gave her a boost.
- She also got some notice a little earlier on for In Treatment, where she, as an elder teenager, managed to hold her own against Gabriel Byrne.