Mélanie Watt, who resides near Montreal, Canada, is the author and illustrator of three children's picture book series and a number of individual picture book releases. Many of her works rely heavily on gags that either paint or break the fourth wall and she is also known for her quirky, lively and unusual characters, which all are Furries that fall along various points on the Sliding Scale of Anthropomorphism.
Picture books by Mélanie Watt include
- The Scaredy Squirrel series about a squirrel with Super OCD - Scaredy Squirrel, Scaredy Squirrel Makes a Friend, Scaredy Squirrel at the Beach, Scaredy Squirrel at Night and Scaredy Squirrel Has a Birthday Party (February 2011) This series has been made into an Animated Adaptation (see its page) by Nelvana. It's definitely In-Name-Only, with Scaredy working a daily job at a grocery store and being presented as a somewhat more mature, and rather geeky, character.
- The Chester the Cat series - Chester, Chester's Back and Chester's Masterpiece
- The Learning With Animals series - Shapes, Opposites Colors, Alphabet and Numbers
- Leon the Chameleon
- Bearcub and Mama (with Sharon Jennings)
- Have I Got a Book for You!
- You're Finally Here!