Nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan, ni-hao yan, gorgeous, delicious, deculture!She's not too Japanese; her mom is from the Philippines, and that's a factor why she was loved by some Filipino fans. She started her career as a singer and eventually landed the role of Ranka Lee in Macross Frontier. She also provided the voice bank for the Vocaloid GUMI, dechi.Megumi mentioned that one day, she wants to sing a song in Tagalog since the first songs she heard in her home were those from the Philippines.
Notable roles by Megumi Nakajima:
- Altlene in Busou Shinki
- Chiho and Chise Mihara in Kobato
- Citron in Basquash!
- Elena "Antoinette" Himekawa in Phi Brain Kami No Puzzle
- Grania in Rinne no Lagrange Playing Against Type
- Gumi/Megpoid in Vocaloid
- Hingainu Inumura in Hakkenden Touhou Hakken Ibun
- I-168, I-58, Kinugasa, and other ships in Kantai Collection
- Kaede Sakura in Kämpfer Playing Against Type
- Kotone (Lyra) and Meloetta in Pokémon
- Lyra in Fairy Tail
- Mari Tamagawa in Moshidora
- Megumi Aino in Happiness Charge Pretty Cure
- Miku in Akikan!
- Ranka Lee in Macross Frontier
- Ruri Aiba in Sacred Seven
- Sazanka Bianca in Aquarion EVOL
- You Kasukabe in Problem Children Are Coming from Another World, Aren't They?
- Yuzuki Eba in Kimi no Iru Machi
Ms. Nakajima exhibits these tropes:
- Bilingual Bonus: Somewhat. Megumi mentioned in several conventions that while she is familiar with Tagalog in terms of understanding the person, she cannot speak fluent Tagalog.
- But Not Too Foreign: again, she's half Japanese, half Filipino.
- Idol Singer
- Playing Against Type: Who'd have thought she could pull off a Psycho Lesbian aka Sakura.
- Zettai Ryouiki