Creator: Megumi Nakajima
Nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan, ni-hao yan, gorgeous, delicious, deculture!She's not too Japanese; her mom is from the Philippines, and that's a factor why she was loved by some Filipino fans. She started her career as a singer and eventually landed the role of Ranka Lee in Macross Frontier. She also provided the voice bank for the VOCALOID GUMI.Megumi mentioned that one day, she wants to sing a song in Tagalog since the first songs she heard in her home were those from the Philippines.
Notable roles by Megumi Nakajima:
- Chiho and Chise Mihara in Kobato
- Citron in Basquash!
- Grania in Rinne no Lagrange
- Gumi/Megpoid in Vocaloid
- Hingainu Inumura in Hakkenden Touhou Hakken Ibun
- Kaede Sakura in Kämpfer Playing Against Type
- Kotone (Lyra) and Meloetta in Pokémon
- Lyra in Fairy Tail
- Mari Tamagawa in Moshidora
- Megumi Aino in Happiness Charge Pretty Cure
- Miku in Akikan!
- Ranka Lee in Macross Frontier
- Ruri Aiba in Sacred Seven
- Sazanka in Aquarion EVOL
Ms. Nakajima exhibits these tropes:
- Bilingual Bonus: Somewhat. Megumi mentioned in several conventions that while she is familiar with Tagalog in terms of understanding the person, she cannot speak fluent Tagalog.
- But Not Too Foreign: again, she's half Japanese, half Filipino.
- Idol Singer
- Playing Against Type: Who'd have thought she could pull off a Psycho Lesbian aka Sakura.
- Zettai Ryouiki