Quite simply, Megan Fox
(May 16, 1986-) has spent her entire career thus far as Ms. Fanservice
. She has been in multiple films which pull in many male viewers who like to look at her. Chief among those films were the Transformers
movies, which provided Fox her breakout roles. This trope is so well established that the promotional posters for Jennifers Body
have nothing but Fox on the poster with hardly any indication what the movie was about. Even when she's playing a man-killing demon, she's still hot
She also practices Brutal Honesty
, being extremely blunt in interviews about her bisexuality, how awful her movies are, how she didn't really act in Transformers
, how Michael Bay
is nuts, etc. When asked if she wanted to play Wonder Woman
, for example, Fox quickly dissed the character, making her unpopular with some segments of comic book fandom (just as well, since the new version bombed).
Fox and Bay have apparently reconciled and she has been cast as April O'Neil in the Bay-produced remake of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
(already the source of more Brutal Honesty
when she declared "Let me tell you something about (the fanbase). How much money did Transformers 4
make? Exactly. Those people can complain – they all go to the theater. They’re gonna love it – and if they don’t love it, they can fuck off
, and that’s the end of that").
Her official Facebook
account can be visited here
Megan's works include:
- Adam Westing: In The Dictator, where she plays a version of herself that has affairs with rich dictators.
- Also in How to Lost Friends and Alienate People where she plays a ditzy young Hollywood starlet who can barely act and only gets roles because of her good looks.
- Celebrity Resemblance:
- Quite a lot has been made about Fox's supposed resemblance to Angelina Jolie, physically and in terms of their habits (both are bisexual, both tend to be typecast as Action Girls or Ms. Fanservice, both have a wild child past etc).This◊ picture even illustrates it.
- Across the Atlantic, some British viewers consider Lacey Turner◊ (aka Stacey Slater)to be a poor man's version for Megan Fox.
- Hollywood Hype Machine: The symbol of it in The New Tens. The second Transformers became a huge hit; she was instantly propelled into worldwide fame, with near-constant hype from many sources. Her burn-out is a shining example of when this doesn't work out for somebody.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: She's not nearly as mean as some of the characters she's played.
- One of Us: Loves Star Wars, comic books (especially Fathom) and video games like Halo. In an interview with Rotten Tomatoes, she revealed that she is a big fan of The Lord of the Rings, Dreamworks Animation, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- The Other Darrin: She replaced the nearly nine-years-older Nicole Paggi as Faith Ford's oldest child for seasons two and three of Hope And Faith.
- Star-Derailing Role:
- Jennifers Body, which was essentially Hollywood Hype Machine: The Movie. A Major Marketing Blitz was put around the fact that this was Fox's first big starring role outside of her Transformers fame. Not only did it under-perform, but her performance got torched by critics.
- Jonah Hex; even though she didn't have much of a role in the film, the fact that the film was a critical and commercial failure (only made around $10 million total and has a 12% rating on RT), and the fact that she was the most-hyped person in the cast certainly didn't help her any.
- Twitter: Lasted on it about a week in January 2013 before closing her account, stating that Facebook is as much as she can handle at the moment.
- Type Casting: Was cast as The Alpha Bitch on a few (pre-Transformers) occasions. Now she's shed that, only to be typecast as cool Action Girls. Her character in Jennifers Body was almost a combination of the two types.