Creator: Megan Fox
Megan Denise Fox (born May 16, 1986) is an American actress and model. In 2004, she made her film debut with a role in the teen comedy Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. In 2007, she co-starred as Mikaela Banes, the Love Interest of Shia LaBeouf's character, in the blockbuster action film Transformers, which became her Star-Making Role. Fox reprised her role in the 2009 sequel, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Later in 2009, she starred as the eponymous lead in the black comedy horror film Jennifer's Body. Fox is also considered one of the modern female sex symbols, with her status as a Ms. Fanservice being so well established that the promotional posters for Jennifer's Body had nothing but Fox on the poster with hardly any indication what the movie was about. Even when she's playing a man-killing demon, she's still hot.She also practices Brutal Honesty, being extremely blunt in interviews about her bisexuality, how awful her movies are, how she didn't really act in Transformers, how Michael Bay is nuts, etc. When asked if she wanted to play Wonder Woman, for example, Fox quickly dissed the character, making her unpopular with some segments of comic book fandom.Fox was not included in Transformers: Dark of the Moon because of her statements comparing working under Bay to working for Hitler (Bay said in June 2009 that Fox was fired on orders of executive producer Steven Spielberg, who disapproved of her comments about Bay). Fox and Bay have apparently reconciled and she was cast as April O'Neil in the Bay-produced remake of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; and she'll be back for its sequel (due in 2016).Her official Facebook account can be visited here. She married fellow actor Brian Austin Green in 2010, with whom she has two sons, Neil and Bodhi; they announced their divorce in 2015.
Fox's works include:
- Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Jennifer's Body
- Jonah Hex
- Friends With Kids
- The Dictator
- This Is 40
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- New Girl (upcoming fifth season, covering for Zooey Deschanel)
- Adam Westing:
- In The Dictator, where she plays a version of herself that has affairs with rich dictators.
- Also in How to Lost Friends and Alienate People, where she plays a ditzy young Hollywood starlet who can barely act and only gets roles because of her good looks.
- Celebrity Resemblance:
- Quite a lot has been made about Fox's supposed resemblance to Angelina Jolie, physically and in terms of their habits (both are bisexual, both tend to be typecast as Action Girls or Ms. Fanservice, both have a wild child past, etc.). This◊ picture even illustrates it.
- Across the Atlantic, some British viewers consider Lacey Turner◊ (aka Stacey Slater) to be a poor man's version for Megan Fox.
- Hollywood Hype Machine: The symbol of it in The New Tens. The second Transformers became a huge hit; she was instantly propelled into worldwide fame, with near-constant hype from many sources. Her burn-out is a shining example of when this doesn't work out for somebody.
- Mean Character Nice Actor: She's not nearly as mean as some of the characters she's played. She said that she was quite shy in high school and is the exact opposite of the popular Jennifer Check. However, her tendencies of displaying brutal honesty that leads to rather offensive comments have given her a less than savory reputation.
- The Other Darrin: She replaced the nearly nine-years-older Nicole Paggi as Faith Ford's oldest child for seasons two and three of Hope & Faith.
- Star-Derailing Role:
- Jennifer's Body, which was essentially Hollywood Hype Machine: The Movie. A Major Marketing Blitz was put around the fact that this was Fox's first big starring role outside of her Transformers fame. Not only did it under-perform, but her performance got torched by critics.
- Jonah Hex; even though she didn't have much of a role in the film, the fact that the film was a critical and commercial failure (only made around $10 million total and has a 12% rating on RT), and the fact that she was the most-hyped person in the cast certainly didn't help her any.
- Twitter: Lasted on it about a week in January 2013 before closing her account, stating that Facebook is as much as she can handle at the moment.
- Type Casting: Was cast as the Alpha Bitch on a few (pre-Transformers) occasions. Now she's shed that, only to be typecast as Action Girls. Her character in Jennifer's Body was almost a combination of the two types.