Creator: Max Landis
Max Landis is a screenwriter, director and son of director John Landis. His best known works are the films Chronicle and Victor Frankenstein.He has also made a bunch of short films and videos including the well known "educational parody film" The Death and Return of Superman in which he recounts Superman's infamous death and return with the help of Elijah Wood, Mandy Moore, Simon Pegg, Jennette McCurdy, Ron Howard, Liz Gillies and several others.He is currently working on Fox "superhero" show called Vigilant in which he claims "Calling Vigilant a superhero show is like saying Luther was inspired by Judge Dredd".
Tropes applying to Max:
- Adorkable: Oh yes.
- Affectionate Parody: His The Death and Return of Superman and Wrestling Isn't Wrestling somewhat-mostly-accurate educational parody films.
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: Had half a dozen different projects in production in the years after Chronicle.
- Cross-Cast Role:
- The Death and Return of Superman features Whitney Moore, Jennifer Newman, and Jezlan Moyet as Batman, Robin, and Nightwing, respectively.
- Wrestling Isn't Wrestling retells the first 20 years of Triple H's WWE career with a predominantly-female cast, headed by Chloe Dykstra as Triple H. Male wrestlers like Triple H, Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker are played by women, and the only featured female wrestler, Chyna, is played by a man (Sam Witwer). All other parts are played by their sex.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Deconstructor Fleet: Deconstructed the entire concept of the Super Hero Origin story with Chronicle, showing the kind of dangers emotionally volatile teenagers gaining superpowers could cause.
- Executive Meddling: Fox told him to rewrite his script for Chronicle 2 as it wasn't enough of a retread of the first movie.
- Generation Xerox: Like his father, he seems to have found his niche making quirky genre films.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Death And Return of Superman and Wrestling Isn't Wrestling are absolute gold-mines for this. Aside from the ones mentioned above, the former alone also has Matt Bennett, Yuri Lowenthal, Taliesin Jaffe and Matthew Mercer.
- Jewish and Nerdy
- Keet: Is unbelievably enthusiastic about everything he talks about.
- Memetic Mutation: Facebook Max
- One of Us:
- Has been a reader of comics for years, and produced the The Death and Return of Superman somewhat-mostly-accurate educational parody film. He is also at the very least aware of TV Tropes, as can be seen by his comment here. He's also written the Spiderman fanfic The Shocker Legit.
- He also knows this page exists. Hi Max!
- His love of wrestling really shows in some podcasts and videos he made about the subject, such as Wrestling Isn't Wrestling.
- He's also a fan of SCP Foundation, and actually wrote an SCP.
- Proud to Be a Geek