Matthew David Lewis (born June 27, 1989) is an English actor best known for playing Neville Longbottom in the Harry Potter series. He had some minor television roles before trying out for Neville. He had been a Harry Potter fan for a while, and liked Neville, so when it came time to audition, he based his performance on Neville. Once he got the part, Matthew Lewis became popular with HP fans, especially as Neville Took a Level in Badass. When he is not playing Neville, Lewis enjoys soccer/football, cricket, and computer games. He is also a frequent sight on the convention circuit.
Roles Of Note:
- Harry Potter (2001-2011) as Neville Longbottom
- Bluestone42 (2013-present) as Corporal Gordon "Towerblock" House
- Adorkable: Comes off this way rather sweetly in interviews.
- Ascended Extra
- Beautiful All Along: He has received quite an Ensemble Darkhorse very recently at how attractive he is, since he's no longer had to wear a Fat Suit in the movies and got his teeth fixed.
- Cosplay: Yes, he does it. Here's a picture◊ of him as the Johnny Depp version of Sweeney Todd.
- Fanservice Pack
- One of Us: He has read the books, and it's obvious in the interviews that he has in-depth knowledge of his character and the book in general.
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: Subverted trope. Matthew Lewis had a bigger physical transformation than any of the other cast members, and as a result he was made up to look like his goofy Later badass character in Harry Potter. It was later shown that he was quite handsome under all the costumes.
- Not-So-Small Role: Had relatively bit parts in Harry Potter for the first couple of movies. Later on ended up becoming a pretty central character to the plot, and series.
- Perma-Stubble: Sports a 5'O clock shadow most of the time.
- Promoted Fanboy: Was a big fan of the Harry Potter series before getting cast as Neville.
- Sexy Man, Instant Harem: Seems quite befuddled by the overwhelmingly large amount of female attention that has recently come his way.
- Sharp Dressed Man: At premiers, and in general.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome
- Throw It In