Lifetime is a cable TV channel in the United States with programming geared towards female audiences. It is well known for giving rise to a subgenre of Made For TV Movies that feature similar plots and themes.The channel broadcasts many shows such as Will and Grace and Desperate Housewives, although it also includes original programming such as The Protector (no, not that one) and Drop Dead Diva.
Lifetime is the Trope Namer for
Original works with their own pages
- Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition
- Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy (2011) starring Hayden Panettiere
- America's Most Wanted
- Army Wives
- Blood Ties
- Dance Moms
- Drop Dead Diva
- The Lottery
- Project Runway
- The Protector
- Rita Rocks
- Shop 'Til You Drop
- Strong Medicine
- Supermarket Sweep (1990-1995 revival)
- To Be Fat Like Me (2007) starring Kaley Cuoco
- Un REAL
Tropes found in other Lifetime shows and movies include:
- The Cheerleader: Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal, which is the true story about five spoiled high school cheerleaders in McKinney, Texas.
- My Beloved Smother: A few movies include very overprotective parents who attempt or succeed in killing their child's significant other. One of the more prominent examples is Diana Donahue who clung to her 30-year-old son and killed her daughter-in-law for trying to take him away from her. She was actually based off a real woman who was the exact same way.
- Not Good with Rejection: For romantic thrillers, the protagonist tends to fly off the handle when their loved one rejects their feelings.
- Stalker with a Crush: Some characters turn into this for the people they love.
- Yandere: For all types of people, all types of age groups, and all types of love.