Creator: Kurt Russell
Kurt Russell (March 17, 1951-) is an American actor who began his career as a child in the Western series Sugarfoot. He signed a ten year contract with Disney early in his career that almost led to a lifelong series of typecasting. His best-known roles are those of Anti Heroes, especially in his films with director John Carpenter.
Roles of Note:
- The Fox and the Hound: Adult Copper (voice)
- Big Trouble in Little China: Jack Burton
- Overboard: Dean Proffitt
- Tango & Cash: Detective Gabriel "Gabe" Cash
- Backdraft: Stephen 'Bull' McCaffrey / Dennis McCaffrey
- Captain Ron: Captain Ron
- Tombstone: Wyatt Earp
- Stargate: Col. Jack O'Neil
- Breakdown: Jeff Taylor
- Escape from New York and Escape from L.A.: Snake Plissken
- The Thing (1982): R.J. MacReady
- Executive Decision: Dr. David Grant
- Soldier: Todd
- Dark Blue: Eldon Perry
- Sky High: Steve "The Commander" Stronghold
- Poseidon: Robert Ramsey
- Miracle: Coach Herb Brooks
- Death Proof: Stuntman Mike
- Anti-Hero: Despite the majority of his roles being in family-fare comedy, his best known roles are his anti-heroes.
- Badass: Goes without saying. But also happens to be one in real life.
- What Could Have Been:
- Before his acting career, Russell was actually a pro baseball player, making it as far as Double-A before a collision at second base ruined his rotator cuff and his career.
- He was considered to star as Han Solo in Star Wars.
- Walt Disney's last words were simply "Kurt Russell" scrawled on a piece of paper. Not even Russell knows what it means, but the most likely theory is that it was some movie idea that the young Russell would have been perfect for.