Kurt Russell (born March 17, 1951) is an American actor who began his career as a child in the Western series Sugarfoot. He signed a ten-year contract with Disney early in his career that almost led to a lifelong series of typecasting. His best-known adult roles are those of Anti Heroes, especially in his films with director John Carpenter.
Roles of Note:
- Lost in Space: Quano
- The Fox and the Hound: Adult Copper (voice)
- Big Trouble in Little China: Jack Burton
- Overboard: Dean Proffitt
- Tequila Sunrise: Detective Nick Frecia
- Tango & Cash: Detective Gabriel "Gabe" Cash
- Backdraft: Lieutenant Stephen 'Bull' McCaffrey / Captain Dennis McCaffrey
- Captain Ron: Captain Ron
- Tombstone: Wyatt Earp
- Stargate: Col. Jack O'Neil
- Breakdown: Jeff Taylor
- Escape from New York and Escape from L.A.: Snake Plissken
- The Thing (1982): R.J. MacReady
- Executive Decision: Dr. David Grant
- Soldier: Todd
- Dark Blue: Eldon Perry
- Sky High: Steve "The Commander" Stronghold
- Poseidon: Robert Ramsey
- Miracle: Coach Herb Brooks
- Death Proof: Stuntman Mike
- Furious 7: "Mr. Nobody"
- The Hateful 8: John "The Hangman" Ruth
- Bone Tomahawk: Sheriff Franklin
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Ego the Living Planet
- Anti-Hero: Despite the majority of his roles being in family-fare comedy, his best known roles are his anti-heroes.
- Badass: He often plays these types of characters, and actually is one in real life!