(March 17, 1951-) is an American actor who began his career as a child in the Western series Sugarfoot
. He signed a ten year contract with Disney
early in his career that almost led to a lifelong series of typecasting
. His best-known roles are those of Anti Heroes
, especially in his films with director John Carpenter
Roles of Note:
- Anti-Hero: Despite the majority of his roles being in family-fare comedy, his best known roles are his anti-heroes.
- Badass: Goes without saying. But also happens to be one in real life.
- Long Haired Manly-Man: In all of his movies. Tombstone was memorable as that was when his hair was the shortest, and it was still noticeably long, overall.
- What Could Have Been:
- Before his acting career, Russell was actually a pro baseball player, making it as far as Double-A before a collision at second base ruined his rotator cuff and his career.
- He was considered to star as Han Solo in Star Wars.
- Walt Disney's last words were simply "Kurt Russell" scrawled on a piece of paper. Not even Russell knows what it means, but the most likely theory is that it was some movie idea that the young Russell would have been perfect for.