Kimberly Noel Kardashian, born October 21, 1980, is a U.S. celebrity most known for... being a celebrity. The second eldest daughter of famed attorney the late Robert Kardashian, Kim has become, along with longtime friend Paris Hilton
, a poster girl for socialites
who become famous simply for merely existing in the world into which they were born. She generally rose to fame as a fashion designer for Paris Hilton.
She's also known for her on-again, off-again relationship with New Orleans Saints
player Reggie Bush, a leaked sex tape featuring herself and R&B singer Ray J, her short 72-day marriage to New Jersey Net
Kris Humphries, and her role in the somewhat campy reality show Keeping Up With The Kardashians
[and its Spinoffs
— three(!) so far], focusing on her extended family.
She is currently married to and has a child with Kanye West
(hence her now calling herself Kim Kardashian West).
Tropes involving Kim Kardashian:
- Big Beautiful Woman: Clearly tried to invoke this trope with the flamboyant dresses (even more so than usual, that is) she wore on public appearances during her pregnancy which had led to a noticable weight gain. Also a Take That to people who bullied her into tears on the internet for her looks, even likening her to an orca for said weight gain.
- Cool Big Sis: To her younger half-sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner.
- Fan Nickname:
- When she was dating Reggie Bush, some of the gossip rags gave them the nickname "Bush and Tush."
- A less flattering one is "Kimmode", due to her love of, um, water sports.
- Home Porn Movie: She appeared in a leaked sex tape.
- Ms. Fanservice: She once said "I'm comfortable with posing naked," which just about sums it up.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: "Kimye" for her and Kanye West.
- Reality TV: Several were made to chronicle her life and that of her family.
- Theme Naming: Her mother Kris must think a lot of herself: she named her daughters Kourtney, Kim and Khloe. The Kardashians have two half-siblings from their mother's remarriage: Kendall and Kylie. (The sole Kardashian son? Robert, after their father.)