Judith Therese Evans (born July 20, 1975), known as Judy Greer, is an American actress, best known for roles in The Specials, Three Kings, What Women Want, Jawbreaker, Adaptation., Arrested Development, Archer, the 2013 remake of Carrie, and, well, being the best friend in practically every Romantic Comedy in the past ten years.
This actress contains examples of:
- Creator Backlash: Subverted. She felt Cursed could have been a good movie, and had fun making it."I don't know why that movie got so fucked up. I don't understand it. I thought the script was fine. Honest to god, I didn't get the big deal. I don't know who kept making them fuck with it..."
- The Danza:
- Dawson Casting:
- Deleted Role: She had a larger part in Tomorrowland, where Casey's family would appear in several flashbacks. Her scenes had to be cut for time, and Brad Bird issued a public apology as a result.
- Doing It for the Art: Took a massive cut from her usual salary to star in the sitcom Married because she loved the script so much.
- Dyeing for Your Art: She was advised to dye her hair red for Love Happens, fearing she looked too similar to Jennifer Aniston.
- Irony as She Is Cast: She was surprised that she was cast as the former Alpha Bitch in 13 Going on 30, describing her teenage self as a Geek.
- Magnum Opus Dissonance: Has said that her favourite role is actually Becky Freeley in a TV show called Miss Guided that didn't last long (seven episodes).
- The Other Darrin: In Rise of the Planet of the Apes Cornelia was played by stunt-woman and dancer Devyn Dalton. Judy played her in the second and third films.
- Those Two Actors: She and Bryce Dallas Howard have played sisters in both The Village and Jurassic World.
- Typecasting: Tends to play the female lead's best friend that or an Any Thing That Moves girl. With Greer playing small roles as a concerned mom with little screentime in three big-budget 2015 movies, Jurassic World, Ant-Man and Tomorrowland, plus Entourage, most critics took a moment in reviews of one or both begging for Hollywood to give her a role that actually gives her something to do.
- What Could Have Been:
- Kitty Sanchez was only supposed to be in one episode of Arrested Development. But they enjoyed her performance and kept bringing her back as a result.
- For The Specials she was considered for both Power Chick and Deadly Girl. They cast her as the latter.
- Ashley Ashton Morris was cast as Connie in the sitcom Mad Love but was replaced by Lizzy Caplan. When she dropped out, Judy came on board.