Creator: Josh Keaton
Look out, here comes the Spider-Man!Josh Keaton is an American actor and voice actor. He's probably best known as the voice of Spider-Man in The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series and other mediums as well. In the eyes of many fans, he is to Spider-Man what Kevin Conroy is to Batman.He's also known as Young Ocelot in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, The Flash in Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, Jack Darby in Transformers Prime, and Green Lantern Hal Jordan in Green Lantern: The Animated Series.Has a Twitter account, Facebook page, a Tumblr account, and a YouTube channel.
- Jules Brown in Back to the Future: The Animated Series
- Young Hercules in Hercules and Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
- Young Ocelot in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
- Harry Osborn / New Goblin in the video game adaptations of Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2, as well as Spider-Man: Friend or Foe
- Jason in The Even Stevens Movie
- Cyclops in X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
- The Human Torch in Marvel Ultimate Alliance
- Spider-Man in The Spectacular Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Spider-Man: Edge of Time, and Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- Wally West/Flash and Aquaman in Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
- Jack Darby and Tailgate in Transformers Prime, plus additional voices
- Ryu Hayabusa in the Ninja Gaiden series (later darrin'd by Troy Baker)
- Spyro the Dragon in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
- Black Spider in Young Justice
- Hal Jordan and the Manhunters in Green Lantern: The Animated Series
- Jak in Jak And Daxter The Lost Frontier and for his appearance in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.
- Rick Taylor in the remake of Splatterhouse.
- Robin in Batman: Arkham Origins
- Young King Graham in King's Quest: Your Legacy Awaits!
- Hal Jordan in LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
- Additional voices in LEGO Jurassic World
Tropes associated with Josh Keaton
- Casting Gag: Was cast as Spider-Man Expy Black Spider in Young Justice.
- Full Circle Portraying: Josh voiced Harry Osborn in the video game adaptations of the first two Spider-Man movies and Friend or Foe. James Arnold Taylor voiced Spider-Man in the Ultimate Spider-Man video game's sequel, Battle for New York and the Spider-Man Trilogy tie-in game Spider-Man: Friend or Foe. Their casting in The Spectacular Spider-Man is effective role swapping as Josh voiced Spidey and James Harry.
- One of Us: He seems to still be reading comic books nowadays. In 2011, he mentions he's been catching up on Green Lantern and is thinking of reading the JMS' Spider-Man run next.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: As the Kid Hero.
- Playing Against Type: As Black Spider and the Manhunters.
- Promoted Fanboy: Grew up reading Spider-Man comics before being cast in The Spectacular Spider-Man. He's described himself as a big comics fan in general too, having read Batman a lot when younger.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Has played both sides of the Spider-Man/Harry Osborn relationship opposite James Arnold Taylor. He's also worked on a lot of the same stuff as Vanessa Marshall, Steve Blum, Clancy Brown, Daran Norris, John DiMaggio, Nolan North and Kevin Michael Richardson.
- Self-Deprecation: In the Spider-memes video, he makes a quick jab at himself for being out of work. The timing of this was not long after Green Lantern: The Animated Series got cancelled.
- The Other Marty:
- Recorded lines as Spidey for The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!, but was dubbed over by Drake Bell. Notable in that he was incredibly understanding about the whole thing, reminding fans that while he appreciated the outpouring of love and sympathy, bashing Drake Bell was not cool. Bell was just playing a part, and the decision to dub over Keaton's work was an administrative/executive one, not Bell's.
- Before that, he actually provided the voice for Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the video game adaptation for the first Spider-Man movie. Tobey Maguire came aboard to voice the character regardless. Thus the Green Goblin mode was added as a way of keeping Keaton's dialogue in the game.
- Also voiced Gary in Team America: World Police before Trey Parker replaced him.