John DiMaggio has his own page now!?
Well, yes. Yes he does.
John William DiMaggio (born 1968) is in basically every single current Western cartoon imaginable — moreso than his Futurama
co-star Billy West
. You can easily spot his work by his Guttural Growler Large Ham
And as the photo proves, he is not
a pseudonym of Peter Cullen
. He's also not to be confused with the famous baseball player, who had a similar name.
Has a Twitter account.
Noted for being nice when not acting
Some of his roles include:
John DiMaggio's work provides examples of:
- Actor Allusion: He's played a talking dog sidekick three times now.
- Badass Baritone / Evil Sounds Deep: A lot of his roles are this. John naturally has a deep baritone voice.
- The Big Guy: Plays a lot of these.
- Guttural Growler: Almost all of his roles are like this.
- Large Ham: It's one of his fortes.
- Ink-Suit Actor:
- The writers of Kim Possible created the character of "Motor Ed" so that John could "be himself." Similarly, he also looks somewhat like Marcus Fenix.
- Word of God says they made Human Bender on the "Anthology of Interest" episode of Futurama that included the stories of "What if Bender was a human, what if Fry's life was like a video game, and what if Leela went on a Wizard of Oz-style journey to find her family" exactly like John - both in looks and personality.