Jeffrey Leon Bridges
(born 1949) is an American actor. His father Lloyd Bridges and brother Beau have also been actors. Consequently, he has been acting for over forty years, and has won or been nominated for several awards. He finally won an Oscar for his role in Crazy Heart
. He married his wife Susan in 1977 and they have three daughters. Jeff Bridges lives in California, and meditates every day.
- Cool Old Guy: He does sci-fi movies, is not too far removed personality-wise from his iconic role, and now has a music album coming out. And no one really has a bad thing to say about him, ever.
- The Danza: His iconic character of The Dude is named Jeffrey, and the character is so (exaggeratedly) similar to himself that he has joked that he thought the Coen brothers spied on him and interviewed his friends when writing the part.
- Large Ham:
- Mean Character, Nice Actor
- New-Age Retro Hippie: He's studied Buddhism, mediates on set and has a zen garden at his house. And is, you know, laid-back in other ways.
- Verbal Tic: He really does say "man" a lot. When he entered The Little Lebowski store in lower Manhattan for the first time, his reaction was "Cool shop, man!"