Creator: Janusz Kaminski
Janusz Kaminski (born 1959) is a Polish cinematographer and director best known for his work with Steven Spielberg. After coming in the United States in 1981, Kaminski began his career shooting short films before going into feature length films working as a protege to Phedon Papamichael at Roger Corman's Concorde Pictures (Papamichael and Kaminski also took Mauro Fiore and Wally Pfister under their wing, all four have managed to have successful careers as cinematographers). Kaminski's first cinematography credit was 1990's Grim Prairie Tales (filmed shortly after he began at Concorde) but it was his second major project, Schindler's List, that got him a lot of notice and began his long association with Spielberg. He has also worked with Stephen Sommers, James L. Brooks and Cameron Crowe and was married to Holly Hunter from 1995 to 2000.He has also directed two films, Lost Souls in 2000 and Hania in 2006.
Films that Kaminski has worked on:
- Cool as Ice (1991)
- The Adventures Of Huck Finn (1993)
- Schindler's List (1993) Won Academy Award.
- Little Giants (1994)
- Tall Tale (1995)
- How To Make An American Quilt (1995)
- Jerry Maguire (1996)
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
- Amistad (1997) Nominated for Academy Award.
- Saving Private Ryan (1998) Won Academy Award.
- Lost Souls (2000) (director only)
- A.I.: Artificial Intelligence (2001)
- Minority Report (2002)
- Catch Me If You Can (2002)
- The Terminal (2004)
- The War of the Worlds (2005)
- Munich (2005)
- The Diving Bell And The Butterfly (2007) Nominated for Academy Award.
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
- Funny People (2009)
- How Do You Know (2010)
- The Adventures of Tintin (2011)
- War Horse (2011)
- The Dictator (2012)