Pictured: Morshu and his middle fingers. And no, they're not aimed at you. It's only that this pooper's "Apoopcalypse Now" was the first appearance of this custom sprite.
There are many notable YouTube Poop-ers
out there. There's Deepercutt
, there's WalrusGuy
... and there are some who lack the fame reached by those two. Of course, NintendoBrad
somehow managed to come close to them in terms of popularity, but there's still another underdog in this field that can't go unmentioned. His username is IAmTheGang
Easily one of the most creative minds in the YTP field; but unlike Deepercutt, he's not active anymore within the YouTube
Poop community, sadly joining the ranks of WalrusGuy and NintendoBrad.
Even more sadly, unlike WalrusGuy, for some reason he doesn't even want his name to be associated with YouTube Poop anymore
, logic be damned. It may have to do with the fact he stated to have always disliked the term "Poop"
, in a strange case of Not Using the YTP Word
, but who knows.
What counts is that many YouTube users like IAmThaGangnote Keep Circulating the Tapes
anyway, akin to WalrusGuyMEMORIAL
(who, unlike IAmThaGang, got greenlighted by the original WalrusGuy
Now this page has a separate YMMV page.
- And Now For Something Completely Different: He really did something completely different from the rest of the usual poops, the aptly-named "The only western poop anyone has ever made".
- Author Appeal: Out of the four aforementioned poopers, his appeal is the most blatant. Conkers Bad Fur Day stands out as the most referenced work, but there's also most of Rare's games for the N64, R. Lee Ermey as Sgt. Hartman from Full Metal Jacket, Cortez and Leonidas.
- To sum it up, just look for his "Super Smash Bros.: Honorable Mentions" video and you'll see characters that are bound to pop up in damn near every video of his. Well, besides Hitler of course.
- And accordions. Three poopsnote feature accordion music.
- "Hall of the Mountain King" and "Ride of the Valkyries" pop up pretty often.
- Berserk Button: By now we know about the King's obsession with "DINNER", so don't tell him there is no dinner. The entire cast of The Legend Of Zelda CDI Games found out the hard way.
- Beware the Nice Ones: The King himself, again. Especially evident in the two "My Message On..." videos.
- Also: do not fuck with Morshu (as seen in "CD-i can still be funny" and, most notably, "The only Western Poop Anyone Has Ever Made").
- Darker and Edgier: laughably parodied in "The fourth Zelda CD-i Game: The Return to Gamelon".
- Deconstruction: "The Final Cutscene" of the (fictional) fourth game of The Unholy Triforce promptly subverts the Crowning Moment of Funny you might have expected after seeing "The fourth Zelda CD-i Game: The Return to Gamelon" with one unbelievable hell of a Tear Jerker.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: R. Lee Ermey himself appears in several shorts.
- Flipping the Bird: one of his trademark is a custom sprite of Morshu doing this with both middle fingersnote . Notably, the custom sprite in question was made just for him (and made its first appearance in "Apoopcalypse Now"), and is therefore generally associated to him.
- Homage: "The Only Western Poop Anyone Has Ever Made" has two. The title references "The only Mama Luigi Poop Anyone Has Ever Made", while the poop itself is a Whole Plot Reference to the saloon showdown in Hang 'Em High.
- Hilarity Ensues: found in many of his videos, if not all. Protip: Never allow Mario to get drunk.
- Manipulative Editing: It comes with the territory, but "The Only Western Poop Anyone Has Ever Made" is successful enough at this to actually manage to shift the genre from usual poops to... well, a western theme. And he does an excellent job at it.
- On the other hand, the very same poop has an awful case of mondegreen: the line "I'm innocent" is easy to be misheard as "I'm made of sand".
- Mood Whiplash: as a stinger, a work-in-progress clip of "TimeSplitters: Impending Perfection" comes right after "The Return To Gamelon: The Final Cutscene".
- Scare 'Em Straight: hilariously parodied in the "My Message On..." videos.
- The Stinger: many of his videos end with one, usually involving some of George's note shenanigans, or the aforementioned "middle-finger-Morshu".
- Took a Level in Badass: pretty much everyone takes one in his videos, and probably all at once in "Apoopcalypse Now". It makes The King - The King - badass.