The German flag. Also is Hans von Hozel's avatar on Fanfiction.net
"Hallo there, my name is Hans von Hozel.
Please read and enjoy! :)" "I had idea when one day, I going in Berlin. Suddenly, everything in English! I could not understand it. It was like it in another language, so I make English and do stories in it. : D"
— Hans von Hozel
Hans von Hozel is one of many writers on Fanfiction Dot Net
, though his account and fanfics are no longer on the website, indicating that he has moved on to bigger things. Probably the most notable thing about Hans' collection of fics is that he had a fic for just about everything. Well, maybe not everything, but chances are if there's a huge fanbase (e.g. Twilight
), there will be a fic for that sooner or later. Although, the plot might not have to do with the storyline at all...
You can find a steadily-building archive of his work here
Hans von Hozel's works provide examples of:
- Adaptation Species Change: In his Little Red Riding Hood fic, the Wolf is replaced by a bear.
- All Deserts Have Cacti: Zig-zagged in World Cup 2010.
- Anyone Can Die: Most of his fics end on a melancholy note. For example: He kills all of the Ninja Turtles and Splinter in his story Ninja Turtles and in his Doctor Who fic, the Doctor gets eaten by raptors.
- Artistic License - Astronomy: in Werewolves, executives on earth successfully harpoon the sun.
- Artistic License - Biology:
- In The Raven, the titular raven is being hunted for its fur coat.
- Also, the Glee fanfic involves a banana forest growing as a result of Produce Pelting. Edible bananas have no seeds.
- Artistic License - Nuclear Physics: "Suddenly, his potion solution constructed nuclear in its half life and opened up a black wormholee!!!!!!"
- Butterfly of Doom: Doctor Who has a time travel related accident with a feather duster which causes the world's population to turn into dinosaurs... who eat him... and conquer the world...
- Catch Phrase: His usage of "Danube" as a verb, usually to indicate someone or something moving.
"One day, Naruto
was sit on a beach.
It was many suns in the sky.
- World of Danube: A Mamma Mia/Harry Potter crossover.
- Darker and Edgier: Pikachu gets made into a coat by Team Rocket, causing Ash to kill himself, Mary Poppins gets hit by an airplane while flying with her umbrella, Alice accidentally poisons herself when she drinks from the "Drink Me" bottle, just to name a few of the fates of famous popular characters.
- Department of Redundancy Department:
"It is good to have House House!" say House, as he walk into House House.
- Die for Our Ship: Invoked in Valentine's Day, Harry sets a dragon on Ron so he can have Hermione for himself.
- Disproportionate Retribution: In Pikachus Umbrella, Pikachu is locked in a prison cell for all eternity for stealing a TV set.
- The Dog Bites Back: "The animals had had enough of being used by Panda, and gave humans location."
- Downer Ending: Nearly every story he has written.
- Flash Fiction: Most of his works are quite short.
- Funny Foreigner: Hans himself.
- Genre Shift: Axis Powers Hetalia and The Room abruptly turn to sci-fi in midstream.
- Green Aesop: The Kung Fu Panda story. Maybe.
- Humans Are Bastards: Warhammer.
- Hypocritical Humor: In the summary for his The Room fic, he mentions that he thinks the movie must be a joke because it's not very good.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Yugi becomes an Yu-Gi-Oh! card in Card Quest.
- In Name Only: His works often do this almost literally, since some only reference the title of the work they are based on.
- In The Style Of: if one is very charitable, Glitch City is Pokemon in the style of Metal Gear Solid 2.
- Intentional Engrish for Funny. Probably.
- Kill 'em All:
- His The Room fic.
- Also in his Yu-Gi-Oh! fics.
- Happens repeatedly in his Bible fic; God getting either angry, or bored.
- Lighter and Softer: "Ok so I saw a horrible scary movie call The Human Centipede and is was horrible but I make this version where it is not so scary and of the happy ending!"
- Money to Throw Away: In Eurovision Song Contest 2010 Switzerland makes gold rain from the ceiling. This somehow fixes Greece's economy.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: See the comment for Die for Our Ship about the Harry Potter story Valentine's Day.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Hozel's Twilight and Let the Right One In stories use his own vampire mythos.
- Pastiche: His... distinctive style has inspired these from other authors, particularly by way of The Weekly Hans von Hozel Challenge.
- Pokémon Speak: The Beatles can only say "Liverpol".
- Produce Pelting:
- Real Person Fic: And in a site where it's supposedly forbidden, although it's sometimes a result of confusion caused by I Am Not Leonard Nimoy and The Danza. This doesn't stop reviewers from threatening to report him, though.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: His TRON fanfic is listed as a Troy fanfic.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: In Spain Wins the World Cup the referee says "Toot."
- Shock and Awe: How Thomas the Tank Engine dies in one of his stories.
- Stealth Parody/Poe's Law: One can only hope.
- Together in Death: Edward and Bella, in Twilight.
- The Unintelligible: In Hans's fics, The Beatles can only say "Liverpol".
- Who's on First?: "One day, House was walk into his House."
- Woman Scorned: in Benjamin Button, Daisy has the deaged-to-fetus Benjamin Button aborted despite him not being inside anyone's uterus at the time as revenge after Benjamin has the gall to dump her.
- You Keep Using That Word: