Greg Giraldo (December 10, 1965 – September 29, 2010) was an American stand-up comedian, television personality, and retired lawyer. Giraldo was best known for his appearances on Comedy Central
's televised roast
specials, and for his work on that network's television shows Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn
, Lewis Black
's Root Of All Evil
, and the programming block Stand-Up Nation
, the last of which he hosted.
- Alliterative Name
- Awful Wedded Life
- Badass Beard: Or goatee, rather. He often would rotate between this, Perma Stubble and being clean-shaven.
- Black Comedy
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Subverted. Greg had a law degree, but according to an interview, he was "too weird" to practice his law degree.
- Catchphrase: "Holy shit" was said at least once or twice during all of the roasts he did. He usually also said "This is exciting." before roasting the guest of honour.
- Cleopatra Nose
- Comic Existance Failure: Due to this, he didn't return to Last Comic Standing or The Roast of Donald Trump
- Cringe Comedy
- He Cleans Up Nicely
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: He and fellow comedian Jeffrey Ross were considered this, having met in 1990 when both were working as lawyers and remained friends for the next twenty years.
- Insult Comic
- Latino Is Brown: He has lampshaded this is his first Comedy Central Presents special, saying that people told him he did not look Hispanic as if it were a compliment and that he was turned down for hosting a nature show for "not looking Hispanic enough."
- Perma Stubble
- Raised Catholic: Has mentioned this on occasion, particularly of not being a practicing one, but still...
- Real Men Love Jesus
- S Word Privileges: Usually averted.
- Sit Comic: His short-lived 1996 ABC show, Common Law (not to be confused with the short-lived 2012 USA show of the same name).
- Team Dad: To his three boys.
- Too Soon: A common response to his jokes.