Creator: Greg Giraldo
Greg Giraldo (December 10, 1965 – September 29, 2010) was an American stand-up comedian, television personality, and retired lawyer. Giraldo was best known for his appearances on Comedy Central's televised roast specials, and for his work on that network's television shows Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn, Lewis Black's Root Of All Evil, and the programming block Stand-Up Nation, the last of which he hosted.
- Alliterative Name
- Awful Wedded Life
- Badass Beard: Or goatee, rather. He often would rotate between this, Perma Stubble and being clean-shaven.
- Black Comedy
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Subverted. Greg had a law degree, but according to an interview, he was "too weird" to practice his law degree.
- Catchphrase: "Holy shit" was said at least once or twice during all of the roasts he did. He usually also said "This is exciting." before roasting the guest of honour.
- Cleopatra Nose
- Comic Existence Failure: Due to this, he didn't return to Last Comic Standing or The Roast of Donald Trump.
- Cringe Comedy
- He Cleans Up Nicely: As seen in Root Of All Evil, where he would wear a suit and tie.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: He and fellow comedian Jeffrey Ross were this, having met in 1993 when both were working as lawyers, the former defending the latter in court due to a case after he was arrested during a protest and remaining friends for the next nearly twenty years.
- Insult Comic
- Latino Is Brown: He has lampshaded this is his first Comedy Central Presents special, saying that people told him he did not look Hispanic as if it were a compliment and that he was turned down for hosting a nature show for "not looking Hispanic enough."
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: His past career as a lawyer. Bringing it up would have invoked a strong reaction from him.
- Perma Stubble
- Raised Catholic: Has mentioned this on occasion, particularly of not being a practicing one, but still...
- Real Men Love Jesus
- S Word Privileges: Usually averted.
- Sit Comic: His short-lived 1996 ABC show, Common Law (not to be confused with the short-lived 2012 USA show of the same name).
- Team Dad: To his three boys.
- Too Soon: A common response to his jokes.
- When I Was Your Age: In his special, Midlife Vices, in commenting on the recent surge of peanut butter allergies among children, he said when he was a kid and whenever a classmate had something like that wrong with them, they "got the shit kicked out of them" due to them being different and allergies, asthma and the like not being common in the 1970s.