Creator: Gary Chalk
Gary Chalk (frequently credited as Garry Chalk) is a British-born Canadian actor and voice actor. Chalk was born in Southampton, England and moved to Vancouver, Canada in 1957. He has been involved with professional theatre since 1978, and has performed at The Playhouse, The Arts Club and numerous theatres in British Columbia, Ontario and Alberta. The last live stage production he did was A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, where he played Milos Gloriosous. He also performed in Henry IV and As You Like It at The Playhouse, as well as Dracula and Passion at The Arts Club.Most of his career has been in film and television, mostly those based in the Vancouver, BC area.His Live Action roles:
- Cold Squad: A recurring role for four years, which he won Gemini Awards in two consecutive years
- Eureka, as Col. Briggs
- Stargate SG-1: Col. Chekhov, a recurring Russian character
- Painkiller Jane, as Ruben Hennessey
- A short cameo in Watchmen
- A brief appearance early on in Godzilla2014 as an administrator at the same Japanese nuclear plant where Bryan Cranston worked.
- Grounder in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Robotnik in Sonic Underground
- Guts Man in Mega Man
- Class of the Titans
- He-Man in The New Adventures of He-Man and as Duncan in He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2002)
- King Hippo in Captain N: The Game Master
- Optimus Primal in the Transformers franchise with Beast Wars and Beast Machines and as Optimus Prime in Transformers Armada, Transformers Energon, and Transformers Cybertron (aka the Unicron Trilogy). He also voiced the original Megatron for an episode of Beast Wars. Next to Peter Cullen he is the most respected in the role.