Creator: Fox News Channel
aka: Fox News
A full time American 24-hour cable news network
, launched on October 7th, 1996. Fox News offers programs such as America's Newsroom
, The Fox Report
, The O'Reilly Factor
, and Hannity
, among others.
Along with broader categories of news, the channel also concerns itself heavily with politics.
This network contains examples of:
- Blonde Republican Sex Kitten / Ms. Fanservice: It's a bit telling that a Google image search for "Fox News" will try to auto-complete it with the following: "anchors", "hotties", "logo", "women", "women legs", "girls", "anchorwoman". The perky blonde anchorwomen on Fox are legendary.
- Blatant Lies: They have been known to label prominent Republicans who have upset the public as Democrats.
- Cowboy Be Bop At His Computer: Before the first Mass Effect game was released, Fox reported that it would feature full frontal nudity and graphic sex, and would be marketed at children and teens. Obviously EA was a bit offended at such blatant slander.
- Fox News Liberal: The Trope Namer, of course.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Gretchen Carlson was a high school valedictorian, graduated from Stanford with honors, studied abroad at Oxford, and can play Zigeunerweisen on the violin. Yet on Fox And Friends she has been shown Googling terms like "ignoramus" and "czar", and even then getting the wrong definition for the context in which the word was being used.note Either she is a Ditzy Genius who has a poor grasp of vocabulary despite her intelligence, or she is deliberately reining it in so as to seem less intimidating and more identifiable to her viewership.
- Odd Couple: Fox News Channel's political leanings are often at a complete disjoint to its sister entertainment network. For example, an episode of House in 2010 heavily criticizes the health insurance industry that Fox News is advocating to leave alone. Said fact was a point of cynical observation in The Simpsons, which suggests that the disjoint is deliberate.
- The Simpsons example was so acrimonious that Fox nearly sued itself over it.
- Family Guy had an entire episode mocking Fox News.
- Patriotic Fervor: Have shows with names like "America's Newsroom", and for a long time, a "LIVE" bug featuring a furled American flag in the background. Bill O'Reilly was originally the poster child, and now that he is moderate in comparison, hosts Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity are known for this.
- The Rival: CNN, MSNBC, and to a lesser extent The Daily Show.