Fil-Cartoons was a Philippines-based animation studio. Around largely during the late 1980s through the 1990s. The studio was primarily responsible for producing animation for parent company, Hanna-Barbera.See also Wang Film Productions, another major animation provider for Hanna-Barbera (and its partner for several shows).
Among the animations worked on by Fil-Cartoons:
- Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror
- The New Adventures of Captain Planet
- Cow and Chicken (pilot only)
- Dexter's Laboratory (first six episodes)
- The Dreamstone (1st season only)
- Fantastic Max
- Fish Police (with Mr Big Cartoons, Karen Johnson Productions, and Jaime Diaz Productions)
- God, the Devil and Bob
- The Greatest Adventure: Stories from the Bible (With Wang)
- Happily Ever After Fairy Tales For Every Child
- Jetsons: The Movie (With Wang, ink and paint)
- Joseph: King of Dreams
- Juanito Jones (to date, their last production)
- The Legends of Treasure Island (2nd season only)
- Mad Jack The Pirate
- The Mask (later episodes; With Dai Won, Plus One Animation and Philippine Animation Studio Inc)
- The Pirates of Dark Water (Main studio; with Tama Productions, Wang, Mr Big Cartoons, and Big Star)
- Police Academy The Series (With Wang)
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo (With Wang; 1991 season only)
- The Ren & Stimpy Show (1st season only; ink and paint for all episodes, animation for two shorts)List
- The Smurfs (With Wang and Saerom, uncredited)
- The Snorks
- Street Sharks (with Wang, Rainbow Group, Plus One Animation, Mook DLE & Hong Ying)
- Tiny Toon Adventures (Ink & Paint and Camera services for 10 Kennedy Cartoons episodes, 3 Encore episodes, 1 AKOM episode and 1 Wang episode)
- Tom And Jerry Kids (With Wang and Mr Big Cartoons)
- What A Cartoon! Show (with the exception of the following shorts: "Dino: Stay Out", "Captain Buzz Cheeply: A Clean Getaway", " Rat in a Hot Tin Can", "Fat Cats: Drip Dry Drips", "The Chicken From Outer Space", "Help?", "Godfrey & Zeek: Lost Control", "Buy One, Get One Free", "Strange Things", "Home Sweet Home", "Malcom and Melvin", and "Babe, He Calls Me")
- Yo Yogi!
- Boo-Boo Runs Wild
- Young Robin Hood (with Big Star and Sae Rom)
Tropes associated with this Company:
- Deranged Animation: Present in a lot of their What a Cartoon! shorts, but especially the ones directed by Pat Ventura.
- Off Model: There were numerous animation mistakes for their work on Ren and Stimpy, including drawing Stimpy's eyes as just black dots in one scene in "Stimpy's Breakfast Tips". They were fired after the first season.
- Production Posse: Hanna-Barbera worked with Fil-Cartoons extensively, though they gradually phased them out in favor of Rough Draft Studios.