Works with a page on this wiki:
- The Deed of Paksenarrion trilogy
- The Familias Regnant series, which includes:
- The Heris Serrano trilogy (Hunting Party, Sporting Chance, and Winning Colors)
- The Esmay Suiza series (Once a Hero, Rules of Engagement, Change of Command, and Against All Odds)
- Vatta's War series (UK: Vattan Saga)
- Vatta's Peace
- Remnant Population
- Planet Pirates co-authored with Anne McCaffrey
Other works include:
- The Legacy of Gird: a prequel series to The Deed of Paksenarrion.
- Oath of Fealty, a sequel series to the The Deed of Paksenarrion.
- The Speed of Dark: Something Completely Different for Moon, a novel set 20 Minutes into the Future, on Earth, about an autistic computer programmer. In between the usual life struggles, he and his autistic co-workers are under pressure from their employer to undergo an experimental procedure that might make them "normal", and not everyone can understand why they might not want that. Winner, 2003 Nebula Award for Best Novel and nominated for the Arthur C. Clarke Award.
Other works contain examples of:
- I Am What I Am: This is a dominant theme of The Speed of Dark, which is told from the viewpoint of an autistic character.
- Tastes Like Friendship: In The Legacy Of Gird, a fellow from the Evil Wizard Class tries to make friends with Gird by offering him food, only to be rebuffed because in Gird's culture providing for someone establishes your superiority to them. They realize that their two cultures have been misunderstanding each other literally from first contact, as the EWC had always thought of Gird's people as natural servants because they were so eager to provide for the new impressive strangers.