"I did it. I accomplished my dreams and now I'm dead."
(b. January 6, 1987), better known by his internet alias Egoraptor, is an accomplished and popular web animator
, voice actor, rapper, and Internet personality.
His best known animated work is the Awesome Series
, while he also has a huge following for co-hosting Game Grumps
as Grump alongside Not-So-Grump aka Danny Sexbang of Ninja Sex Party
. (Not-So-Grump was formerly Jon Jafari
until he left to focus on his own work.) Arin and NSP have collaborated to form the musical act Starbomb
In 2013, Arin got married to Suzy Berhow, who works on sub-series of Grumps
including being a recurring guest on Steam Train
, co-hosting Table Flip
, and playing with Arin in Date Grumps
, a special Valentine's Day series.
Series Egoraptor has worked on (or been involved in):
Tropes Egoraptor displays:
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: Egoraptor doesn't like to say that he'll be doing certain projects because there's a high probability that they won't get done. This doesn't stop him from announcing a lot of projects, however.
- Art Evolution: His work has gotten noticeably more refined in the years he has been animating.
- He views his time working at MTV negatively for, presumably, a variety of reasons. But the main reason or at least, the only one he's willing to discuss, is because they never let him grow as an artist. MTV wanted his work to look as bad artistically as Awesome the Hedgehog.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Arin is famous for being extremely hot in drag. Have a look for yourself.◊
- Bishōnen: Arin is very in touch with his feminine side.
- Blade Lock: With OneyNG in Lightsaber Fightsaber: Episode IV. The sabers end up being pushed out of the way, allowing the two to kiss.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Cluster F-Bomb/Sir Swears-a-Lot: Lampshaded by Egoraptor himself in Sequelitis. Collected here.
Egoraptor: I know you're not a stupid kid, 'cause I say "FUCK" a lot and you're okay with that.
- Deranged Animation
- Happily Married: To Suzy "Mortem3r" Berhow as of October 25, 2013.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With JonTron, and later on with Danny. Even though Jon now lives in a different state, all three are still very close friends.
- Also with Tomamoto, with whom he co-created Girl-Chan and who has voiced in many of his cartoons.
- I Can't Dance: Arin has repeatedly stated that he's not good at dancing despite competing in season 3 of the Youtube reality competition show Dance Showdown. He won the season anyway.
- In the Style of...: His Console Vs. PC video is done in the style of John Krisfaluci's cartoons, specifically Ren and Stimpy.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Oh is he ever. He was reportedly more interested in feminine culture as a teenager, has said that female characters appeal to him, and makes for a questionably attractive woman◊.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: He has two cats, Mochi (who is the "darlingest... PIECE OF SHIT") , and a second, younger cat named Mimi, who was a kitten around the time Game Grumps started.
- Large Ham
- Man of a Thousand Voices
- Masochist's Meal: His guest appearance on Hot Pepper Gaming. The thing nearly kills him.
"There's one thing I didn't mention, I forgot, my mouth is fucking burning."
- Mondegreen: His video "Blanka Makes Pound Cake", which has a punchline of Ryu saying "I'D LIKE SOME POUND CAKE!", referencing his pronunciation of "Tatsumaki Senpukyaku".
- One of Us: A fellow troper, his series Sequelitis is inspired by the trope of the same name. He also mentions reading the TV Tropes article for Game Grumps at least twice.
- Also, hails from user generated content site Newgrounds.
- Orphaned Series: The Awesome Series has become less fun for him to create as he can't think of any jokes.
- In his own words, "Nobody wants more Lemon and Bill" note .
- Pet Peeve Trope:
- Read the Freaking Manual: Rails against this trope (as it pertains to video games) in the Megaman Sequelitis. He's adamant that a game should not require the player to do anything other than play the game, and that manuals and tutorials are bad things. Instead, he points to the opening level of Megaman X as a shining example of teaching the player through gameplay alone. This attitude carries over into Game Grumps, where he has a noticeable habit of ignoring tutorials of any kind.
- Renaissance Man: Arin is an accomplished artist, animator, voice actor, writer, entertainer, and rapper! Who knows what he'll take on next?
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Arin's cat, Mochi, the darlingest... piece of shit!
- Schedule Slip: Girlchan in Paradise!!'s fourth episode has been coming soon for over two years.
- The next episode of Sequelitis has also been pending for a while now. Generally this happens because Egoraptor is just one man, it takes him a month to do a 2-3 minute cartoon and he's also been busy working at Fox (on Axe Cop apparently).
- As noted in this video: 'I invite you to sit in and enjoy my nonsense as I answer questions about Metal Gear Awesome 3 and how I haven't released a damn thing.'
- The Zelda episode of Sequelitis was this for a long time, but was finally released midway through 2014. You can generally assume anything that isn't Game Grumps or maybe Star Bomb related will suffer from schedule slipping.
- Smash Cut: Used to full comedic effect.
"Gawd these FUCKIN LIP—!"
"I WISH I WAS PLAYING VIDEO GA-"
- Almost every transition in the Sequelitis series cuts Egoraptor's dialogue off.
"Let me level with you for a second. Electrical Engineering? Pretty smart. General Relativity? Pretty fuckin' smart. The Intro Stage In Mega MaFUCKING. GENIUS.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Defied but parodied. Egoraptor himself joking invoked this by proclaiming to be God, but in real life he's said many times he's not a person like that, and was open to the idea of hanging out with some fans in an interview.
- Stealth Pun: Bill is a bullet. Bullet Bill. Also, both Lemon and Bill are ammunition.
- The Teetotaler
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants: Egoraptor has admitted to some of his works being entirely voice acting improv, such as Just Another Pokemon Battle and Awesome Reach. He believes the pacing is better when it's planned out.