Arin Hanson, better known by his internet alias, "Egoraptor", is an accomplished and popular voice actor and web animator
, best known for the Awesome Series
Series Egoraptor has worked on (or been involved in):
Tropes Egoraptor displays:
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: Egoraptor doesn't like to say that he'll be doing certain projects because there's a high probability that they won't get done. This doesn't stop him from announcing a lot of projects, however.
- Art Evolution: His work has gotten noticeably more refined in the years he has been animating.
- He views his time working at MTV negatively for, presumably, a variety of reasons. But the main reason or at least, the only one he's willing to discuss, is because they never let him grow as an artist. MTV wanted his work to look as bad artistically as Awesome the Hedgehog.
- Berserk Button: Intrusive tutorial segments.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Cluster F-Bomb: Lampshaded by Egoraptor himself in Sequelitis.
Egoraptor: I know you're not a stupid kid, 'cause I say "FUCK" a lot and you're okay with that.
- Deranged Animation
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Jon Tron.
- Also with Tomamoto, with whom he co-created Girl-Chan and who has voiced in many of his cartoons.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: He has two cats, Mochi (who is the "darlingest... PIECE OF SHIT") , and a second, younger cat named Mimi, who was a kitten around the time Game Grumps started.
- Large Ham
- Man of a Thousand Voices
- Masochist's Meal: His guest appearance on Hot Pepper Gaming. The thing nearly kills him.
"There's one thing I didn't mention, I forgot, my mouth is fucking burning."
- One of Us: A fellow troper, his series Sequelitis is inspired by the trope of the same name. He also mentions reading the TV Tropes article for Game Grumps at least twice.
- Also, hails from user generated content site Newgrounds.
- Orphaned Series: The Awesome Series has become less fun for him to create as he can't think of any jokes.
- In his own words, "Nobody wants more Lemon and Bill" note .
- Read the Freaking Manual: Rails against this trope (as it pertains to video games) in the Megaman Sequelitis. He's adamant that a game should not require the player to do anything other than play the game, and that manuals and tutorials are bad things. Instead, he points to the opening level of Megaman X as a shining example of teaching the player through gameplay alone. This attitude carries over into Game Grumps, where he has a noticeable habit of ignoring tutorials of any kind.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Arin's cat, Mochi, the darlingest... piece of shit!
- Schedule Slip: Girlchan in Paradise!!'s fourth episode has been coming soon for over two years.
- The next episode of Sequelitis has also been pending for a while now. Generally this happens because Egoraptor is just one man, it takes him a month to do a 2-3 minute cartoon and he's also been busy working at Fox (on Axe Cop apparently).
- As noted in this video: 'I invite you to sit in and enjoy my nonsense as I answer questions about Metal Gear Awesome 3 and how I haven't released a damn thing.'
- Smash Cut: Used to full comedic effect.
"Gawd these FUCKIN LIP—!"
"I WISH I WAS PLAYING VIDEO GA-"
- Almost every transition in the Sequelitis series cuts Egoraptor's dialogue off.
"Let me level with you for a second. Electrical Engineering? Pretty smart. General Relativity? Pretty fuckin' smart. The Intro Stage In Mega MaFUCKING. GENIUS.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Defied but parodied. Egoraptor himself joking invoked this by proclaiming to be God, but in real life he's said many times he's not a person like that, and was open to the idea of hanging out with some fans in an interview.
- Stealth Pun: Bill is a bullet. Bullet Bill. Also, both Lemon and Bill are ammunition.
- The Teetotaler
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants: Egoraptor has admitted to some of his works being entirely voice acting improv, such as Just Another Pokemon Battle and Awesome Reach. He believes the pacing is better when it's planned out.