Edmund McMillen (born 1980) is an indie game creator and former a comic author. Initially making a name for himself through flash games on Newgrounds
, Ed saw his breakthrough when he and programmer Tommy Refenes, collectively known as Team Meat, released a commercial sequel dubbed Super Meat Boy
Following the toil of creating Super Meat Boy
, the events being one of the three stories documented in Indie Game: The Movie
, Team Meat saw widespread success from the game, leading to further success. Currently, Team Meat is working on a Meat Boy sequel and a new title, dubbed Mew-Genics
; the progress of both, as well as some of McMillen's new artwork, can be found on his blog.
Notable works my McMillen and Team Meat include:
- Carious Weltling (2003)
- Gish (2004)
- Blast Miner (2006)
- Triachnid (2006)
- Cereus Peashy (2007)
- Host (2007)
- Guppy (2007)
- Coil (2008)
- Meat Boy (2008)
- Cunt (2008)
- Aether (2008)
- Grey Matter (2008)
- Spewer (2009)
- Time Fcuk (2009)
- Super Meat Boy, (2010), the non-flash sequel to Meat Boy.
- The Binding of Isaac (2011)
- Wrath of the Lamb DLC (2012)
- The Basement Collection (2012), a boxset of his older flash games, comics, and misc art.
- Facist (2014)
- The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (2014), a "re-quel" featuring a new, 16-bit art style and new content.
- Super Meat Boy: Forever (TBA), the third instalment in the Meat Boy series.
- Mew-Genics (TBA), a unique game summed up as a "Cat Lady Simulator". Currently on hold.