An American actor and musician, who first got stated on The Amanda Show
before becoming best known for playing Drake Parker in Nickelodeon's Drake & Josh
. He has also starred in a few films such as Yours, Mine, And Ours
, Superhero Movie
, and the two live action The Fairly OddParents
movies where he played a 23-year old Timmy Turner. Nowadays can be seen as Spider-Man
Tropes Associated with Bell:
- Celebrity Voice Actor: As Peter Parker/Spider-Man in Ultimate Spider-Man and a few other Marvel-related projects.
- Fan Nickname: The Drakester.
- Follow the Leader: Subverted with his music career.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: A couple of his songs have plenty of this.
- Hotter and Sexier: His second album, "Its Only Time", is this compared to his first- "Up Periscope" in particular was seen as very raunchy by many who still saw Bell as a Nickelodeon kid.
- New Sound Album: Not only was It's Only Time one to his debut Telegraph, trading in straight head teen pop for a Beatles'-influenced sound (most notably Yellow Submarine), but then he trades that in for a rockabilly sound on Ready, Steady, Go!, even enlisting Stray Cats front man Brian Setzer as producer.
- Old Shame: His film debut Drifting School is often considered one of the worst movies ever. Fortunately, no one seems to remember it.
- One of Us: In the past, he's stated that his dream role would be a villain in a Batman adaptation.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: His first name is actually Jared; Drake is his middle name.
- Promoted Fanboy: He went from being a comic book fan while growing up to voicing Spidey himself in Ultimate Spider-Man. Although he has said that he always liked Batman more...
- Star-Making Role: As Drake Parker from Drake & Josh.
- The Cast Showoff: He's performed plenty of songs for his TV and movie appearances, including the theme song of "Drake and Josh", as well as in "Superhero Movie", and another song "A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up Timmy Turner'' along with Daniella Monet.
- Type Casting: Expect him to play either the carefree cool kid, the shy geek, or himself.