Dong Woo Animation
is a South Korean
animation studio. Its main partner and current owner since 1994 is Studio Gallop
Since its inception in 1991, Dong Woo has made a name for itself in animating both western cartoons
. Since 2002, Dong Woo Animation has been the main overseas animation production house for Warner Bros.
Animation, along with Lotto Animation
, Yeson Entertainment
, Digital eMation
and MOI Animation
Shows worked on by Dong Woo:Anime, identified Anime, Unspecified work
- Baby Looney Tunes
- The Batman
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold
- Batman Gotham Knight (Additain Animation for Deadshot, with Madhouse)
- Black Dynamite (Most of the series, with Studio Mir, Titmouse and Sunmin Animation)
- Chaotic (M'arillian Invasion)
- The Boondocks
- Captain Planet and the Planeteers (First project; DiC seasons)
- Dante's Inferno: The Animated Epic (The "Gluttony" and "Greed" segments. Movie animated alongside Moi, Digital eMation, Production I.G, Big Star, Manglobe, JM Animation and Film Roman)
- Dead Space: Aftermath
- Dragon Tales
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2002)
- Jackie Chan Adventures
- Justice League Unlimited
- Krypto the Superdog
- Legion Of Superheroes
- Loonatics Unleashed
- Men in Black: The Series
- Ozzy and Drix
- ProStars (With Sei Young)
- The Spectacular Spider-Man
- Static Shock
- Teen Titans
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
- Ultimate Avengers
- W.I.T.C.H. (Second season, replacing Wang Film Productions and Hong Ying)
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?
Tropes associated with Dong Woo:
- Animation Bump: Ninja Turtles and Dante's Inferno are the best examples.
- Animesque: Some of its western works, being partly an anime company.
- Conspicuous CG: Inital D, Transformers, Ultimate Spider-Man, Ninja Turtles (among others) all have this.
- Latex Perfection: They're usually better at animating this than other Korean studios.
- Off Model: Not often, but is obvious when it happens.