"Greetings fright-knights and monster-girls! It's your old pal Count Jackula from the planet Dracula, where bad movies stalk the night!"Count Jackula (aka Jack Shen) is a reviewer on Channel Awesome, the website formerly known as That Guy with the Glasses, and formerly Reviewtopia and Reviewers Unknown. He claims to be from the planet Drakula & reviews little known horror movies. His videos can be found here, and also on Geekvision.
— Count Jackula
- All There in the Manual: He has given information about Drakulons outside of his reviews, mainly in live streams.
- Breakout Character: Count Wiseau-ula
- Catchphrase: "... was that racist?" whenever he says something that could be interpreted as Unfortunate Implications. He also refers to his viewers as "Fright Knights/Nights, Monster Girls, and Whores Of Satan."
- Crossover: Regularly does them with the Horror Guru. Justified since they're roommates.
- Dead Person Conversation: Jackula's Uncle Varney, a skull with two large fangs, makes appearances in many of his reviews with often sexual commentary. Uncle Varney is named after the vampire in the penny dreadful Varney The Vampire Or The Feast Of Blood by James Malcolm Rymer.
- Gorn: He literally ejaculates blood when he has a "goregasm".
- Human Aliens: Though Jack has mentioned in a live stream that Drakulons' human forms are not their true ones.
- Large Ham
- Nice Hat: The Count's top hat & goggles
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: He takes his hat off and is much more serious when examining a scene in Red State where a Fred Phelps Expy gives a sermon, saying that certain things the pastor says (encouraging small children to have homophobic attitudes, saying that tolerance of others is evil, and that disasters are God punishing the wicked) resemble certain things Shen himself was taught or experienced when he was growing up as a Fundamentalist Christian.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Drakulons and earth vampires are not one and the same. Drakulons are much stronger than earth vampires, can fly through space, and don't have as many weaknesses as earth vampires. For instance, they don't turn to dust in the sun or 'need' to sleep on home soil. Because of this, earth vampires are considered the 'retarded cousins' of Drakulons. Both can poof into bats though, as seen in Count Jackula's most recent videos.
- Steam Punk: His outfit certainly fits the style, especially the top hat & goggles combo.