Creator / Cory Williams
A prolific YouTube
creator who got his start on the big screen and became more well-known for his internet videos. His videos are about his daily life and his adventures, but he's most well-known for creating The Mean Kitty Song
about his cat Sparta. He also currently hosts The FIZZ on television alongside Jessica "JP" Payne.
Until recently, he lived in California with his two cats. He was married for a time to Stephanie Roby, but they divorced and a year later he became involved with Kate Elliot, a friend of his. After about a year, they split up due to some changes in Kate's life, but they remain friends.
Cory and his cats have since moved to Anchorage, Alaska along with Cory's current girlfriend, Kristen. Cory and Kristen were married in spring 2015.
His three channels are: SMPFilms
(short films and music videos), TheMeanKitty
(about his cats, obviously) and DudeLikeHELLA!
Tropes present (in both Cory's videos and Kate's vlogs):
- Adult Child: Cory doesn't give a shit how old he is, he's gonna live it up however he damn well pleases. Even if it includes childish things like wearing cartoon t-shirts or playing silly games in the grocery store.
- Big Eater: Cory's new partner Joey Coco can apparently "make food disappear by just looking at it". Cory himself and Kate are no slouch in the eating department themselves, and Sparta loves treats.
- Cats Are Mean: Subverted. "The Mean Kitty Song" mentions that Sparta's just trying to play, and aside from typical bratty cat behavior now and then he and Loki are pretty nice.
- Artifact Title: Sparta developed his reputation as a "mean kitty" due to his mischief as a kitten, but Cory kept calling him and Loki "the mean kitties" even after they stopped being so mean.
- Cheek Copy: Did this in a video segment of the first "Find Sparta" interactive game.
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Did two of these, both for the purpose of searching for Sparta.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Discussed in this video.
- Creator Couple: With Kate until they split up in 2014.
- Cute Kitten: Sparta and Loki, though they're not exactly kittens anymore.
- Gasshole: Cory is known for his frequent farting. This just about sums it up. Loki's also said to be rather gassy.
- Geek: Kate is a big fan of Pokémon and Disney movies, especially the princesses.
- Kick the Dog: Subverted; he kicks Ding Ding around in a video but the dog is clearly enjoying it.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover
- Lethal Chef: Has stated many times that he does not know how to cook.
- Large Ham
- Lost Forever: All of Kate's vlogs about her and Cory's adventures, thanks to a hacker forcing her to take down her channels and other pages.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Grocery shopping. No, really.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Loki and Sparta, mostly thanks to Kate. Loki is "Poki" and Sparta is either "Moo" or "Poo".
- Precious Puppy: Ding Ding, Kate's puppy. His and Kristen's dog Penney isn't exactly a puppy, but is super cute nonetheless.
- Squick: In-universe, Cory is grossed out by a talking Potty Time Elmo.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cory has his coconut water, French chocolates and honey. Kate has her tea and vegetarian cusine, especially veggie sandwiches from Subway.
- Toilet Humor: Quite a bit, actually.
- Troll: Loves teasing his audience. His cats, in turn, have trolled him quite a few times.
- Wacky Guy: Most of the time. He can be very serious when he needs to be.