Creator: Connie Willis
Connie Willis is an American Science Fiction writer, best known for her stories of time-traveling academic researchers. She has a record-breaking eleven Hugo Awards, and is the only author to date to have won both the Hugo Award and the Nebula Award in all four lengths (novel, novella, novelette, and short story). She was named a Grand Master by the Science Fiction Writers of America in 2012.
Works by Connie Willis with pages on this wiki:
- Blackout / All Clear (really, one book, but so big it was divided into two)
- Doomsday Book
- Lincoln's Dreams
- To Say Nothing of the Dog
Other works by Connie Willis include:Novels
- Water Witch (with Cynthia Felice)
- Light Raid (with Cynthia Felice)
- Uncharted Territory
- Promised Land (with Cynthia Felice)
- Inside Job
- All Seated on the Ground
- Fire Watch
- Impossible Things
- Futures Imperfect
- Miracle and Other Christmas Stories
- Winds of Marble Arch and Other Stories
Tropes featured in her work
- Comedy and Tragedy: Most of Willis's novels fall strongly into one or the other of these two classical genres. Doomsday Book, Lincoln's Dreams and Passage are tragedies; To Say Nothing of the Dog, Remake, Bellwether and Inside Job are comedies.
- Fix Fic: In Remake, one of the characters works in a place called "Happy Endings" which can "re-do" the endings to sad movies and make them happy.
- No Periods, Period: Played with in the Hugo-winning short story "Even the Queen", in which a technology has been invented that allows women to avoid them entirely.
- Yet Another Christmas Carol: "Adaptation" opens with a massive lampshade, with the protagonist going on at length about how many adaptations exist of A Christmas Carol. When he encounters the three Christmas Ghosts, he thinks he knows what's going on, but it turns out they have a different mission this time.